Post Number: 7278
I've got it narrowed down to these three subs:

12" SSA Icon
12" Inciminator Audio Death Penalty
12" RD Audio Elite (New One)

Which of these three subs would you buy under these conditions:
A) great lows
B) decent to good sq
C) a sub which can do well in a lowly tuned box (like 28-30hz)
D) 1000-1200rms to play with

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 861
how about a si mag?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7279
i would love a MAG....really wanna buy new tho unless i really know the seller and trust him....ive just heard too many stories lately about people being scammed....
i wish i knew when the new ones were coming out...i just dont feel like waiting another 6 months for it lol

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 862
i c i c... i say the IA then. i think i saw the rd in another thread and it looked pretty cool. triple stacked magnets if i remember...but idk

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3030
new dp s run 459 =( great looking woofer. i dont know much about them though. =( i know they will hav e some great output in spl but i dont know how much sq is retained. you already know my feelings on the elite.. =)

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 893
elite FTMFW!!!!!
not the elite spl though....no sq really

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13254
For ur conditions...

Icon.

End Thread

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2803
yep ima dp fanboy but i agree w/ chaun, icon seems to fit ur needs. but im also an icon fanboy, so i win either way...

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2804
unless ofcourse u go with the elite. in which case you lose either way...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7280
thanks for the input guys

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12541
how about those newly designed AA subs ......

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3031
elite

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5510
havoc handsdown.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7286
damn....getting answers all over the place lol

looks like i cant be wrong....

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 845
I'd go with the Icon or DP, but on that power and considering price the Icon is my pick for sure. I wouldn't consider the elite.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7257
I talked to a guy yesterday that had a 12 mag in a four cube low tuned box and he liked it better than a soundsplinter rlp

Gold Member

Post Number: 7258
it was tuned to 32 hz I think he said

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4271
I haven had the opportunity to hear any of those......... but the Icons look sweet and I've heard nothing but good about them

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3033
why wouldnt you consider the elite? though it is a sq sub im sure it wil have the best low end bass performance out of all them. is perfect with 1k performs well in small boxes and is the least exspensive. it has my vote. the dp looks like a great woofer but i dont think it will have the best sq. from the tests ive read it has great spl output. but is very exp as well. the icon i dont know much about. it seems nice as well. i was thinkin a while back of getting some recones from them but didnt. =( i havent got any recones yet. errr.

and i guess its all in what yanks is looking for.
elite for sq
dp for spl and some sq
icon is split down teh middle.

but elite is the least exp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7259
Yanks ...why are you switching subs cuz I thought you had an FI sub which my bro tells me does well in all those areas....esp. since your having zero problems with it

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7287
sean, i have the same problem that chad has....im never happy with what i have. im happy with the equipment i have seeing i have had no problems with any of the equipment i have especially since the stuff i own now has been known to have problems in the past for many people IE, fi - tinsel slap, hifonics - overheating and cutting off. no matter what i get, i will always want something else. a week after i boght the stuff i have now (last oct), i tried to sell it all without even hearing it just cause i had a change in heart.

but to answer the question, am i happy with the stuff i have? yea i am happy but will be happier with new stuff lol

honestly, i wanna try out as many subs as i can....i just dont have the budget to do that....

Gold Member

Post Number: 7261
ahh ok

Silver Member

Post Number: 847
Hunter, there are several reasons why I wouldn't think of the elite:

RD seems to be a decent company for nice, deep sounding woofers for the price. I had the privilege of sitting in a vehicle with a wall of 6 or 8 classics (I forget) with 1500w with a nice charging system, and it sounded nice and did 146 or so on the meter.

Sadly some reps for the company have soiled thier image forever for me.
The trash-talking and rumor spreading online from many of the low-hz guys is offensive, putting down other brands to boost their sales. While they deny this and blame the mods there are plenty of reasons more than 1 rd rep has been banned or suspended from other forums.
I met Evan with RD a few months back, and was talking to him about doing a direct swapout of my BTL 18s for RDs, because he said I'd love the way they sounded better and have equal or better numbers on the meter. I told him I was up for it, just let me know. He called me a few times, but never offered a time or even had the product in stock- just followed my build with the BTLs. He then told me the Alphas would be equal to or better than the BTLs off of a Memphis 4k each- even though the HW seems to be a better match from what I understand. He constantly told me how much he hated Fi, but never had a good reason why. Just lots of anger toward the company- saying how bad they were but nothing to back it up. He told me how he could easily beat my 150.9 on the meter with his wall (I had 2 BTLs in the back of a yukon off a stock alt at the time), and that I'd do better with RD "sell that garbage" or something like that.

All he did was put down what I had, without ever helping me out, and hasn't returned my calls in months. More than once he told me he'd call me at X time on X day, and never did.

I don't have a problem with the product, more so the company and who they chose to represent them.

To me the product is just as important as who sells it. I've purchased Fi products about 1/2 a dozen times for me and for others, every time with great results. I can talk to Scott before ordering, he is willing to explain things, and is helpfull. No sleezy sales rep, no lying tech on the phone. Just a great honest guy and a great company.
I also buy from a local audio shop everything I can, because I like the owner and he's honest. If he doesn't know something he's not afraid to say 'shi+ man I don't know'.
Like I said, I have nothing against the Elite woofer or the brand, just the people who will lie and intimidate customers to get a sale.

I've been wanting to say that for a while >sighs with release<

I don't mean to get anyones pant!es in a bunch- I mean no offense whatsoever, but thats my thoughts on RD and why I will hesitate to recommend them to anyone ever.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3034
i completely understand troy. thats all ill say lol. though ihave talked to kevin quite often none of this has been said to me in any way shape or form... im not getting hurt or anything i was just wondering as to why that was said. but i do understand. i always value your opinions and respect your honesty. whats your email troy? you have aim?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6070
"Just a great honest guy and a great company"

Even though I don't like Fi products for whatever reason I have to say that I do feel that Scott is a good guy over all. Did you have the Kleenex when you were posting that Troy? Sounds like a sob story

-I wish I had teeth like that.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1076
Yanks dude just wall the scion off with funky pups lmao but seriously, that new RD Elite does look beastly. Also a plus if you buy an RD product, talk to Steve Miller, he can hook you up with a Excessive Amperage alt at dealer price.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3035
really? i didnt evenknow that

our clipart on E sucks

Silver Member

Post Number: 849
I'm glad you don't take offense as I have nothing against you in the least. You seem like an intelligent and decent person.

Funny you ask about aim- I've done tons of web-based work, but I've never had an instant messenger lol. I do have email though, it's tejcurrent@yahoo.com, and while I skip a day or so without checking it, I always get around to it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 850
Rob- eat my azz
Not a sob story at all- it just irritates me to be treated poorly by anyone, and I've been sick right next to a box of kleenex the past 2 or 3 days lol (fever etc.)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7296
"Yanks dude just wall the scion off with funky pups lmao"

i would love to wall off the scion....just not with those lol....i would love to take the backseat out and have a blast with it but parents wont let me and they own the car

also nick, is that so about RD with the alts? that could certainly sway my decision depending on the alts price....i emailed EA about an alt and they never responded to me :-( ....but not many companys did...only 2 out of 7

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3037
ygm troy. =)

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3038
same here yanks. =( knuconceptz was crazy fast. they emailed me back bout an alty in 1hr

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7301
i was upset about it man....2 of 7 companies? thats bush league

one of the companies wanted $750 for a 250A alt....wasnt expecting that much for one lol

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 895
nick, I'm sure that's something Steve didn't want you telling everyone.....

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 896
hey troy, I'm not trying to pick apart you arguement, like hunter said, I def understand and agree on most points. I don't know much about the low-hz guys, besides kevin, and he didn't seem as you stated above, as well as steve, and he is nothing but helpful, even when I was havning problems with my Fi, he walked me through a few tests to try and figure out what the problem might be before having to send the speaker as well as the RD amp back to get everything checked out.

so as far as evan and ben and who ever else sells RD, I know nothing.

back on topic, my question was, doesn't or hasn't Fi and SSA done the same trash talking(to some extent) and E-thuging as those low-hz member have?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4289
" back on topic, my question was, doesn't or hasn't Fi and SSA done the same trash talking(to some extent) and E-thuging as those low-hz member have? "

The SSA people have. Them and low-hz pretty much have an all out war going on against each other. I would not hesitate to buy from either company though, they both sell good products at good prices. I won't however, consider Fi subs anymore after all the problems they've had.

About the EA alts: yeah, don't do that.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3041
haha. on ea. i would still buy from fi. even though they are having some problems, most being user abuse might add, im sure fi will adapt their product and keep on rolling..now if they dont...then there is a problem. =(

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 1931
it took iraggi like 2 weeks to respond to my frist email but i decided to buy a iraggi alt after all and the alt works great and it was to expensive. 360$ for a 220/175. they take a wile to respond to emails but my alt works fine.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3220
i say elite

Silver Member

Post Number: 853
I won't say anything about the SSA guys, defending them or putting them down because I simply haven't seen either from them- just defending themselves and kicking the low-hz guys off the SSA forum. Also I haven't been pressured into any ssa products at all...
Scott has said on this forum he's changing a few things for the better as well. Not meaning to debate it though. Like I said I'm happy with Fi all the way.

Anyway, Yanks if you're looking for an alt please email me at tejcurrent@yahoo.com, got a few links for you.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7320
troy you will have mail in a few minutes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 854
Replied :-)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7324
troy = a saint

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3042
i need an alt.too

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3156
Those 3 choices blow

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2823
i got 250/180 alt for 380 shipped and powder coated from ea.....

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 897
troy, m.s., thanks for filling me in...
hunter, sorry I didn't get back to you today, my phone was dead and I was finally putting my box together...doesn't look to bad considering all the f!cked up cuts my girl's dad made....

hey troy, sorry for taking so long on the whole amp thing, this will sound redundent(spl check), but I will finally have the opp to make sure it's fully operational sometime this week, if you're still interested....

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7329
"Those 3 choices blow "

lol i know brad, i know

Silver Member

Post Number: 863
Sorry thieves, I forgot who I was even talking to about the amp lol. Things are sort of tight with Christmas+taxes+ really needing an alt, but take your time and just email me about the amp when you have a chance to test it. I'm still pretty interested, just really hope I have the cash right now, you know? I have to dump over 1k in taxes by the end of the month, so thats really draining my spare cash right now- so I'm in no rush.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us