Need Your Guys Expertise again :P

Bronze Member
Username: Comerz

Post Number: 37
On a later post, i had posted how i was going to get to 500 rms rockford p3d412's with a p500-2 rockford amp, someone said this will only give them half the power.

In my mind i figured since u got 2 subs, you would need double the amp rms rating. Like a 1000 rms amp to pound the 2 subs.

Is this true guys? Im just trying to figure this out, cuz im about 2 days away from buying a hifonics bxi1606 and 2 alpine type R 12 inch 4 ohm subs. And it would make sense to get that amp if this is true.

Thanks for any clarification guys :-)

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2039
that will sound good man ..

4 cu ft 32 hz ... and go for it ... itll be loud man

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Harrisburg star city, Pistolvania USA

Post Number: 381
your going to need to get a powerful amp tht amp is only giving out 125 Rms per channel from what ive read. This amp would be great for them
http://www.low-hz.com/commerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_22&products_id= 82

call kevin holden he can give you a great deal on this amp probably like 100 off maybe jus guessing but im going to look up a couple more good amps for those subs. i personnaly like those subs alot of ppl dont but i wudnt mind having them. whats ur budget for an amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 382
hold up are you getting the typr rs or the P3's???

Silver Member

Post Number: 383
that amp would work for both of them long as the subs are dvc 4

Silver Member

Post Number: 384
yea that amp would work but ppl say those hifonics are a lil overrated if you want a superb amp i would go with the sundown they are easy on the electrical and you eill get good resale value out of the sundown if you ever want to upgrade

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2040
dwight,
i wouldnt say the sundown is "easy" on the electrical ... stock alt,wiring,batt ... youll have a good chance of substanial dimming ... also resale value on any car audio isnt good at all ... since sundowns are getting more frequent around car audio circles, resell value is decreasing rapidly. But if ur on a budget hifonics is the way to go

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 1160
eD isn't too hard on the pocket book either. I have a NINe.4 and it's great.

As for doubling the power, keep in mind that doubling gains 3 decibels, so it will be 33% louder, theoretically. Doubling subs adds 6 decibels, as long as you double your power. So, doubling subs, without doubling power will gain you 3 decibels, on paper.

Bronze Member
Username: Comerz

Post Number: 39
ok so that is how it works, if i wanted to use 2 subs, i would need double the power than if i wanted to use 1 sub.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1180
You could, and I would, but really, you have to look at your charging, whether you want to upgrade your charging system, and then decide.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Turtles have four legs

Post Number: 3462
you might also want to consider audioques 1200D amplifier for 240 shipped. Atleast your buying direct from the company. Although their 5% thd scares me. But I don't know. Do some research.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 476
Is the thd the percentage of the power that is like distorted or clipped?

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2802
resale on any car audio isnt good? you're crazy man... do some research

Gold Member

Post Number: 1189
Total Harmonic Distortion. Read, man, read. I'll help you get started.

http://glasswolf.net/caraudio/ampspecs.html
Scroll down.

http://bcae1.com
I think. If not, search for BCAE1.

http://caraudiobook.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us