How many watts can i use on my battery?

Silver Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 173
What is the maximum number of watts i can pull from my battery?

I was thinking of using about 1000-1500rms for subs, and 200-400rms for speakers. so anywhere from 1200rms-1900rms.

What should my cutoff be? And if i want to use more power, what do i need to buy?

I drive a Honda civic 03 if that matters.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3212
it's more about alt size then battery... how big is your alternator? you may need to look into a new one if you are running 1900 watts, if not a new alt, then a couple of dry cell batteries for your trunk... look into kinetic or odyssey

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
my car has a 70amp stock alternator, i just checked. will that be enough to run 1200rms

if not, what would be the cheapest way to make it work? capacitor? new battery? new alternator? and how would i go about doing so?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4230
It's not the battery that matters. The alternator is the power source.

With that stock alt I wouldn't put more than 1000 watts on it. Any more and you will probably need an HO alt.

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 759
stay away from caps! Nothin but trouble...

your 70A alt prob wont be enough for 1200 Watts. best thing to do is buy a new alt and do the Big 3. I got my alt from www.db-starter-alternator.com at a fair price ($250 for 200A alt) and bought my 0gauge wire of sonicelectronix ($90 Shipped 14ft Kicker).

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 145.2 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 430
tips are you thegreastpenn1 from another forum by chance?

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
no im not, this is the only forum i use.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7240
ok thanks that was me asking by the way

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Harrisburg star city, Pistolvania USA

Post Number: 422
The least u could do is get 2 batteries and do the big 3. Bcuz ho alt's are expensive I'm running about the same amount of power and I'm going 2 have an kinetik hc1400 under the hood and a hc 2400 in your trunk you can get the on ebay 1400 is like 160 shipped and the 2400 is roughly 235 - 250 shipped thts your cheapest route bcuz u dnt want to fry your electrical system

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5429
so, spending $400+ on 2 batteries is the cheapest route? for that price you can get a ho alt., which would be the better and smarter route to go. damn, you're stupid and ga_y dwight. please leave.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15831
wouldn't you want your system to be running at a healthy 14+ volts? you can add as much batteries as you want and you won't get that with your little alt. get the ho alt. please.

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
How many amps would the HO alt need to put out if i needed 1200-1400rms? about how much would that cost?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5430
get the biggest alt. you can afford. personally i'd go with at least a 160a alt.. cost though will depend on your vehicle and the company you buy from. i know iraggi is having a group buy right now, 25% all alts'.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4249
" so, spending $400+ on 2 batteries is the cheapest route? for that price you can get a ho alt., which would be the better and smarter route to go. damn, you're stupid and ga_y dwight. please leave. "

^^^^^ F*ckin werd
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us