Got a 2 tickets last night...

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4139
I guess its the cool thing to do since everyone else is getting tickets :P ... never fails.. only when I have extra cash I'll get a ticket for something.. it never fails.

I've not been pulled over in over a year but last night broke my streak..it was wet and the roads were wet and well i was being dumb and was drifting..

went around the wrong corner which a cop was sitting at for some strange reason.. never seen one there in my life and was borderline to being out of his jurisdiction. it really was a very random thing honestly.. never saw on there but it was still my bad so w/e

well needless to say he wrote me two citations.. one for not using a signal and another for driving on the wrong side of the street

it could have been worse like wreckless endangerment or something around those lines.. im going to fight the ticket and blame it on the weather

i asked the officer to note on the ticket the weather conditions and he just told me to sign it.. i asked him again and he got mad and tore off the copy and said "heres your weather conditions"

the guy spoke horrible english.. he was oriental but not sure where from over there :-)

so my arguement if it holds... the roads were wet and it was close to freeze.. im not sure if i hit an oil spot or a small patch of ice but my car started to slide so i correct the steering as fast as i could.. the turn signal must have got hit off when i went to correct the cars path so it did not skid out of control

either or... ill think of something else like i saw something in the road or thought the cop was pulling out and it make me go further right than normal.. his lights were off and he was just sitting there hidden..

im sure i could get the driving on the wrong side dropped.. if i get a fine for the no turn signal its not biggy since it can't be that expensive

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2243
"the turn signal must have got hit off when i went to correct the cars path"

I would drop that part of the argument. Even if that were really the case i still wouldn't mention it cause it sounds like complete bullsh!t. With the weather conditions being poor just go for getting the wrong side ticket dropped.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2094
^^x2

of all the cars to lie about losing control in the weather it just HAAD to be a subaru hahah...

jp, i think the bad weather argument has some validity to it

Gold Member

Post Number: 4142
actually.. everything thinks AWD is better.. its not lol..

the difference is this..

RWD.. the rear end with fish tail..
FWD.. the car will slide forward due to loss of traction
AWD.. the car fish tails and slides forward and over..

on another note.. once AWD cars do loose traction it is very easy to over-steer.. its really a whole new game and ive owned both FWD and RWD

but on the note of the turn signal.. thats not an expensive ticket i would not imagine.. just hopping to get the other one dropped if not both hehe :-)

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1895
how much they charge you for the tickets?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4145
don't know yet.. they are closed sunday which is toady.. ill have to wait until i go to the court which won't be till fri prolly.. i can call and get a rough estimate tomorrow i guess

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4149
Tickets FTL. I just had to pay $160 for 82 in a 65.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2095
i just figured all wheel drive was better...

its night and day when i throw it in 4wd in my cherokee...idk if it has a great 4wd system or something but i have never ever felt uncomfortable driving it in any snowy conditions

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1897
"Tickets FTL. I just had to pay $160 for 82 in a 65. "

at least you dont have a junior operators lictence. I live in massachusetts and i know a guy who was going 62 in a 45 and he was to pay

150 ticket
150 road rage class
100 licence renueal fee
30 road ttest

turn out you get fu<ked over hard if you only have a junior operator listence in mass and you get caught speeding.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us