JK

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7203
I got my 95 taurus and was lookin at the layout of the trunk. I was thinking possibly bandpass ported up through one factory 6x9 hole and removing both of the 6x9's (if thats what they are it looks like it) I figured this approach would be best because of the rear deck flappin up like my 95 monte carlo z34 did. Have you tried this yet? If not how is your rear deck with your current setup.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2791
rattles big time. i have my strut bar goin right underneath the magnets of my rear speaks (i replaced them w/ 6.5's). i also thought about that approach but was too afraid of the pvc breaking off if the box moves. that rear deck jumps up and down also. i can pull penny tricks thru two layers of peel and seal, then metal, then one more layer of p and s then carpet. so it def jumps

Gold Member

Post Number: 7207
I still need to find a headunit with pause and a remote but as of now I think I will try the bandpass idea out. Its the only way I see that I can compete in classes where modifing the car isnt allowed and throw up decent numbers on low power. Plus flexing in the trunk wont be an issue using the bandpass the way I described. As far as the box moving im sure I can find some way of making it stationary.

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2795
yeah, take a pic of your trunk and i'll do the same and we can compare space. how tall of a box can fit. i found unless your building inside the trunk the opening is VERY small so a tall box is out of the question. i'm going to be building inside trunk i'm thinking

Gold Member

Post Number: 7208
Ill probably wait to take a picture of the trunk when its daylight but as far as my trunk I dont think ill have a problem building my box outside the trunk and just drop it in......the trunk looks like the size of my monte carlo (huge) but not tall enough for a 15 besides im doing a single 12 so I doubt my box will have to be very big...no plexi for me ill tell you that haha

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2796
ok cool
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us