Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1750
xbox...but that bluray would be pretty nice

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2724
should i get the hard drive xbox or the core...

$350 v $270

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5917
360 because there are bad a ss games but those things are so f ucking unreliable.Right now I have my cousin's all in pieces because I have to fix the heatsinks...and I also worked on my brothers today and fixed the disc drive.

PS3 sucks because there's no games out for it.Next year there should be some games for it though.

Silver Member
Username: Kewinn89

G-Bay, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 177
hard drive

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7084
i want a PS3 just for the new GTA....probably wont get one tho just cause i cant see myself spending $400 on one....

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 626
xbox x5835793445

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 786
Dude GTA 5 is coming out for xbox 360 too fudge PS3!!

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7088
meh, ive also always hated xbox for some reason....

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1236
I'm a PS3 fan myself. Xbox has been meh, though I usually game on my PC more now, that is until more games come out for the PS3.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1029
Xbox 360 all of the way. Online play is allot more organized and the games are allot better than most released on ps3.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 789
360 FTW!! jus got done playin NBA2k8 Online :-)

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2725
if i dont get the hard drive i cant save my game right??

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 790
nope just go on ebay and buy an 360 thats where i got mines and never had a problem i bought it off sum1

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2137
PS3 FTW

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 591
ps3 for the win mos def awsome looking blu ray some great awsome online games plus you got a playstation strong hold game GTA 5 is going to be better than some xbox copy and probably willl come toe sony first like normal and rock band yeah 360 has it but commmon 360 sure the what cheaper lol yeah how many bugs does microsoft have probably the same amount as a 360 ( same company and windows well sucks just like the 360)

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2951
PS3

Silver Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 238
i say the 360 ONLY b/c most of the current ps3 cames suck but ultimately the ps3 will probably win in the end oh and i have all 3 next gen systems don't even play the wi just got one to show i could get one while my friends couldn't lol

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1030
"ps3 for the win mos def awsome looking blu ray some great awsome online games plus you got a playstation strong hold game GTA 5 is going to be better than some xbox copy and probably willl come toe sony first like normal and rock band yeah 360 has it but commmon 360 sure the what cheaper lol yeah how many bugs does microsoft have probably the same amount as a 360 ( same company and windows well sucks just like the 360)"

1. Blu ray is only useful for TRUE Hi-def fans, not some sh!tty "Hidef RCAs" that the Ps3 uses, so it's basically pointless.
2. GTA 5 is also going to be released on xbox 360. We also get Saints Row 2 (first one was a GTA killer)
3. The majority of bugs in the xbox360 was fixed. The PS3 also had allot of bugs when it first came out, its very common.
4. You are probably using Windows XP right now (just like the other 90% of people that complain about how crappy Windows is, when it's the only OS they have ever used)

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Tofino, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 875
damn man, GRAND THEFT AUTO 4! NOT 5!

gettin ahead of yourself guys...

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2778
xbox live takes the cake. other than that ps3 is good w/ blu-ray and that but i like my 360. im on it for hrs a day.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 598
nick v unlike most people i have used other os systems like lynx mac and other windos os and over all of them i would rather use lynx or mac windows planly sucks and yea i am useing Xp but whats to stop me from saying that i will not ever buy vista nor will i buy another windows product sony will win in the end the life time is longer than a 360 and well its well more use full and another thing the rca problem can be fixed just like aound problems in cars you buy a base system and build off right? so you buy the ps3 with the cheap rcas up grade to a hdmi and some compent rca a cables and there you go your done was it that hard

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1120
Well SkieZ, shouldn't Vice City be IV, and San Andreas be V? So calling this next one IV is stupid because there's already been an IV(Vice City). It should be VI.

Anyway, fu<k Sony. Xbox all the way.

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 485
ps3 is the sh!t

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 291
fack both, PC all day...

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 1102
It's a title, Mark. Take it up with Rockstar/Take 2.

I won't be buying a second computer, just to play video games.

Go Ben, with one "?" for punctuation.

Go me, for being a dick.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1121
^If I ever bought another gaming system it would be a 360. I love GTA. I have GTA2 for Dreamcast, GTA3 and Vice City for PS2. GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas for Xbox. Vice City for PC, and Vice City Stories for PSP. I can wait for GTA IV to come out on PC.

PC > Xbox > PS3.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2450
x56 on the pc all day every day...

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6664
Try this before you bash one. Put XBox360 and PS3 side by side. Then add up all the "accessories" that you'll need to make it compliant to PS3. You'll find out that PS3 is cheaper and has much better quality parts. If you don't want to admit that, then put in a dvd movie and play it. Tell me which system will allow you to enjoy it without wanting to bash the noisy system with a hammer.
Before you say XBox360 is "way" better, do compare proper games. Right now, most games are ported to both 360 and PS3 without much code modification to save money. Therefore, it'll look the same, meaning it's 720p, not 1080p for PS3.
I like PS3 mainly due to HD and quality. Until PS3 makes games that were meant for PS3, it'll look as good as XBox360.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1722
360 wins ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Gold Member

Post Number: 5921
"Try this before you bash one. Put XBox360 and PS3 side by side. Then add up all the "accessories" that you'll need to make it compliant to PS3. You'll find out that PS3 is cheaper and has much better quality parts. If you don't want to admit that, then put in a dvd movie and play it. Tell me which system will allow you to enjoy it without wanting to bash the noisy system with a hammer.
Before you say XBox360 is "way" better, do compare proper games. Right now, most games are ported to both 360 and PS3 without much code modification to save money. Therefore, it'll look the same, meaning it's 720p, not 1080p for PS3.
I like PS3 mainly due to HD and quality. Until PS3 makes games that were meant for PS3, it'll look as good as XBox360."

What games are out there for it?The only ones I can think of are Assasin's Creed and Kane and Lynch.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6667
Resistence, Fall of men. A great game that you can play online for FREE.
Personally I would've loved to have supported Nintendo, but they make $hitty graphics.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15743
true gamers play DOTA on pc.

if i had to choose, i'd go with xbox. the blu ray on the ps3 sux.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

HEMIKLR

Post Number: 9077
PS3 FTW!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6668
Why do you say bluRay suck on PS3?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5924
There's issues with the format I believe Isaac.I'm not too sure on this but I heard it's way easier to develop things for the 360,don't quote me on that.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2237
"There's issues with the format I believe Isaac.I'm not too sure on this but I heard it's way easier to develop things for the 360"

pwned.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15744
http://loot-ninja.com/2006/11/19/ps3-hd-scaling-issues-other-annoyances/

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4116
specs vs specs

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6125087/index.html?type=tech

"Performance: On paper, the PS3 is more powerful. In reality, it's quite inferior to the 360. Without getting into too many details, the three general-purpose CPU's the xbox360 has are currently FAR easier to take advantage of than the SPU's on the PS3."

PS3 will out shine Xbox 360 when developers can actually use the capabilities of PS3 to their full advantage. Until then Xbox 360 will be the one to buy.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15745
kevin on paper everything looks good. even the kicker L7 looks impressive on paper. but we all know that isn't the case.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5925
My brother owns both the PS3 and 360,his PS3 is collecting dust until he decides to watch something on Blu ray.

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1031
nick v unlike most people i have used other os systems like lynx mac and other windos os and over all of them i would rather use lynx or mac windows planly sucks and yea i am useing Xp but whats to stop me from saying that i will not ever buy vista nor will i buy another windows product sony will win in the end the life time is longer than a 360 and well its well more use full and another thing the rca problem can be fixed just like aound problems in cars you buy a base system and build off right? so you buy the ps3 with the cheap rcas up grade to a hdmi and some compent rca a cables and there you go your done was it that hard.

I dont think you ever used "lynx" because it's Linux (not exactly a common typo). And then your comparing sound (like bass) to HD video. Two completely different things. And no better RCAs will not even touch what Bluray could do. It would look the same as if it was on a regular DVD. Not being an a$$hole or anything, just i belive in correction.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6669
No one said it was easy to make games for 1080P. That's why $hittysoft chose 720p. Anyhow, those "known" issues were from 2006. I don't have any problem with mine.
As I have stated before, once games are made FOR PS3, then you'll start seeing why it's a better machine.
I'm surprised no one's making an issue of XBox's very loud and super annoying cd AND fan noise. Maybe it's cause I have both system and not biased? Look at the pieces inside the unit. This reminds me of Mac vs PC. You can have almost identical machine in spec wise, but one will perform like $hitty Vista. Seriously, what can be more annoying than a loud fan noise during a movie?

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Murray, Kentucky

Post Number: 2056
if it wasn't for the red ring of death on the 360 id be happy....we activated xbox live on it a couple days ago and 2-3 mins later we got hit with the red ring and now we gotta ship it off...2nd time we've had to do it

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 821
I've used both, but I do think the PS3 pulls ahead. There's several games coming out now for it where there hasn't been a whole lot since it's release. Call of Duty 4 is such an amazing online game, and the free internet part makes a great difference. Bluray kicks azz for me, I don't know about those who've had problems. I have 0 complaints with my PS3, and I've had it since it was released.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 822
^ I have a 3 friends who own 360s, a grand total of 6 xboxs have been returned. They've ALL had the ring of death, and 1 guys returned his 4 times now.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15746
isaac i am poor and i don't have neither. so i am not biased. also i guess the problem with blu ray was from back then so i am sure they fixed it.

carry on while i put my foot in my mouth.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6670
My point exactly. $hittysoft was only interested in making huge profit. No QA at all.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15747
honestly 2 of my friends had issues with their xbox and only 1 friend had issues with his blu ray on the ps3. if i were to buy either one it would be xbox only for halo 3. i guess that is why i am not too thrilled to buy one. my dream is to own both systems but i don't know.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15748
but i do have a blu-ray disc player and a hd dvd player so i don't need either of those systems to watch movies. besides i was never a big fan of watching movies with a game console. i have to have it separately.

when is the new gran tourismo coming for the ps3?

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 345
nick v, the ps3 has hdmi output

and ps3 ftw

Bronze Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 67
xbox360 > PS3 for one reason...

HALO3

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Murray, Kentucky

Post Number: 2059
this will be a never ending argument based on biased opinions....

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15749
what would you recomend jordan. you my boi so i listen to you.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 434
xbox 360, just becouse more games are out that I like. But if you watch alot of movies and spent big $$ on an HDTV, then PS3 all the way. Since I dont watch alot of movies, im all 360 and I have a standard boobtube.

My 360 is almost a year old and works just fine. I think they mess up mainly from people leaving them on too long (like when they leave the room for a couple of hours) and also those stupid inter coolers f@cks 'em up too.

Rob, how hard is it to fix the heatsinks in the 360's? Cant you add washers to some part on them and somehow it will effect the way it works? I used to be into buying broken ps2's and xbox's and fixing them, but never torn down a 360.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 599
you dont have to spend that much money to get a hdtv look them up you can even use a computer montior if you have a cable box tuner same thing tvs arint that expensive and if you dont burrry up and buy a hd tv those old ones thats not capable of doing hd in another year will be dead to you because of the hd upgrade to all channels

and btw i just bought my ps3 the other day and its awsome just got to figure out how to get it online now i think i am going to sell my computer because the ps3 is like a computer

Gold Member

Post Number: 5932
"Rob, how hard is it to fix the heatsinks in the 360's? Cant you add washers to some part on them and somehow it will effect the way it works? I used to be into buying broken ps2's and xbox's and fixing them, but never torn down a 360."

I'd say it sucks...the way the machine comes apart is just stupid.But..you need 8 screws,4 that are 5mmX15mm and 4 more that are 5mmX20mm.You also need like 30 5mm washers and it's a b1tch to get off the old sh1tty thermal paste and then you have to apply arctic silver or some good sh1t like that.First time I did it the 360 didn't work.I had to change the pressure by adding washers.3RLOD FIXED.My brother's disc drive took a sh1t though.I just returned my 360 today lol, it kept freezing so I got it swapped out and I had just got it yesterday lolz.Oh well, it was expected.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13206
PS3

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

2008 Nissan Versa!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2210
I say xbox 360 i know 1 person that has sent theirs in to have it fully replaced with a new one for free. To me thats good service. My other friend has a ps3 and had to buy a fan for the back cause it gets so hot. even with the fan on i felt the back of his wall and it was on fire.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 453
"I'd say it sucks...the way the machine comes apart is just stupid"
^^^^
LOL, sounds like the thick PS2's x10.

My friend got his 360 I think for last christams, and he's sent the thing in 5 times. Everytime its something different. It is good that they extended the factory warranty on 360's, but it takes 4-6 weeks to get it back. I dont know much about the ps3 cooling fans, but it messes up the 360's (mainly the nyko intercooler). If anyone buys either console new, I advise buying an instore warranty so you dont have to ship it off for a month or more at a time, and they will replace ANYTHING.

this is a little off subject, but anyone know where to get a good tv stand for under $100? I just need some opinoins, I dont want one to fall apart on me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us