New Door speakers- Realm Audio

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 818
Long story short, I'm helping a local shop out with their web-site, and I got this set of Realm speakers. Retail on them is $599, and when I compared them in a sound room to a few other brands top speakers I prefered them. Really nice smooth sound, clean sharp highs. I'm excited for the install.
Crossover is like a VHS tape- it's huge. I'm debating if I'm going to pop them in the factory position, or fiberglass them in the same location as factory but fiberglassed to face a bit different.
I really wanted these, and the fact they were practically free just kicks sooo much azz.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7196
looks nice and the price was right too

Silver Member

Post Number: 819
Thanks, yeah the price definitely made them a sure bet lol.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3101
Nice looking stuff. Realm Audio, A Division of Scosche Industries Kinda low rms, like 160 or so.
Think Walmart will carry them soon...

Found an article about them if interested.

http://blog.sounddomain.com/2007/05/realm_audio_shi.html

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Turtles have four legs

Post Number: 3432
I heard them as well. Their very nice. I was actually going to get them but they were a little pricey so I got memphis comps instead and I love them. Chad has the realm amps and I was going to do a setup with realm subs.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15742
walmart will not carry them. also realm audio is very selective to who they choose for their distributer. also the person in charge of building the realm audio line for schosche is the original builder of crossfire stuff.

very nice stuff troy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 820
I seriously doubt Walmart would stock them Marc lol. The average Walmart consumer wouldn't want to pay the price tag, hell I'm not sure I would have.
Scosche said they wanted to build some really high quality stuff, and from my experience so far, they succeeded. BernyMac,it was a debate between the two for me for quite a while as well. I really like the sound of them. RMS is 80w btw.
Thanks Chad.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1237
Those look sweet!

Also, why is it that low rms ratings are such a big thing for speakers and tweeters? My comp speakers are 70rms and I feed them 100watts rms and they can get hurtfully loud with no audible distortion......(ya gotta test how loud they get..lol)

Silver Member

Post Number: 823
I plan on using 2 sets in the front doors (fiberglassed) in the future though, so I doubt there will be a problem with loudness ;) I rarely have it that loud anyway.

Exactly like you said- if they can have low rms speakers get hurtfully loud, why require a huge amount of power?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15754
$4000 focal utopia speakers are 100wrms. go figure. lol.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4312

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2080
i wish i could hear those speakers just so i could hear 4000 dollar speackers....

Silver Member

Post Number: 824
They are supposed to be amazing. I listened to a 2k dollar JL setup, I thought it sounded like azz, which shows setup can make the difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us