Please could someone help a newbie

Username: Denon

Post Number: 7
i just bought a new sound system for my car and i took it to my local audio installer and he said that my car would just struggle to power it
so i asked if i bought a bigger battery and alternater would that work he said it would but i would also need a power cap
when i asked what size battery and alternater i would need he said said he didnt know which has left me in a pickle because i dont know who else to ask so ive tried here to see if anyone can help
my car is a

suzuki vitara jlx 2door soft top 1992 model

and the battery is only small so im assuming that the alternater is only small to
ill list the amps below that i bought

HIFONICS GENERATION XX SERIES XX COLOSSUS II 3,200 WATT RMS DUAL MONO-BLOCK CAR AMPLIFIER

this will be powering 2x 4000watt subwoofers

and i bought a 4 channel amp to give the 4 car door speakers better sound thats a
JENSEN JPA-460 600w 4/3/2 CHANNEL CAR AMPLIFIER AMP

please if someone knows could they tell me or point me in a direction on what size battery and alternater i would need and where id be best buying one from
also would i need a certain type to fit my car or do most alts fit most cars.
also if possible if i list the items i bought would someone be able to have a look and send me a wiring diagram or a step by step guide to explain/show how i would wire it up as it would save me alot of money

the items i bought ill list below

http://audiosavings.com/product_details.aspx?item_guid=512bfe43-922c-4258-ba76-6 fc915c5de3e&category_guid=ae183c37-906d-46ae-836c-f5b5c6d4305f

this next amp is to power the 4 car door speakers

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JENSEN-JPA-460-600w-4-3-2-CHANNEL-CAR-AMPLIFIER-AMP_W0QQ itemZ270180026585QQihZ017QQcategoryZ39739QQcmdZViewItem

and these are the 4 speakers i got for the amp for the doors

http://audiosavings.com/product_details.aspx?item_guid=73cdd973-abf9-4652-8c25-d 9db1902fe0d&category_guid=219420be-b87b-4170-b250-5d61698437a9

and i bought this wiring kit for the jensen amp above

http://audiosavings.com/product_details.aspx?item_guid=10a371ff-59ec-46ad-ab67-1 11861eaa058&category_guid=b4b9f579-9efa-4066-96b4-4cd6d0709731

hope this makes sense and hope someone can help thanks

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3101
1. none of those links work
2. i'm sorry you bought everything except the hifonics.
3. what subs did you buy (i shudder to think)
4. with that many watts you need a 250 amp alternator and a kinetic HC2400
5. i hope you sell your stuff and start over

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5911
Jordan,I already answered this for you in your other thread,why did you make 3 of the same post by the way? STICK TO ONE SECTION PLEASE.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
thanks for getting back reece what stuff would you recommend im new to all this any advice would be appreciated
thanks

rob sorry about posting it so many times ill remove a few just an impatient get n thought id get answered faster if it was in more sections

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 145.2 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 383
what subs are you running

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
2 4000watt Cerwin Vega Stroker Stroker-102 there 2000watt rms each

Silver Member

Post Number: 384
you do know how big that box is going to be right also 12 or 15s

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3116
"Jordan,I already answered this for you in your other thread,why did you make 3 of the same post by the way? STICK TO ONE SECTION PLEASE."

3? Try 11... for an all-time record of lameness.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
the box do you mean the box that the subs will be going into
the subs are 10inch

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
oh and yes vegas usually take large boxs, thats not a very big suv

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Harrisburg star city, Pistolvania USA

Post Number: 242
you shoulda came here first b4 you bought all your stuff these guys could of prolly picked you a SETUP THATS 10x BETTER THAN THE ONE YOU HAVE NOW FOR PROLLY LESS THAN YOU PAID FOR THAT STUFF. subs and amp arent bad i hear those strokers are pretty good subs and the amp is above average some like it some dont. but forget about the power cap you definitely dont need to waste your money on that use the money from the cap to buy 0 guage wire so you can get your BIG 3 done. someone here will prolly post a link for you if you dont kno what that is your prolly lookin at anywhere from 5-8 hundred bucks worth of electrical upgrades depending on how much your alternator is thats why im not even bothering with running that much power i say you sell all that stuff and start over.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7074
"the box do you mean the box that the subs will be going into
the subs are 10inch"

what other boxes are there?

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Harrisburg star city, Pistolvania USA

Post Number: 243
hahah easy yanks

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 751
"the box do you mean the box that the subs will be going into
the subs are 10inch"

"what other boxes are there?"

Your Moms, but i was all up in that sh!t last night damn there got lost if it wasn't for my flashlight.

j/k have a happy thanksgiving, i'm off to feast.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
keith you rat my mother is in a box i only buried her last month and now you get liitle knobhead like you making shitty comments like that

Username: Fred_sanford

Huntsville, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 1
I believe you would be beter off with one 15 in sub and a 1500- 2000 watt amp.you would have just as much cone area as the two 10s and with the smaller amp you could get away without the big alt.maybe just a decent 3 to 5 farad cap
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us