Remote starter??

Silver Member
Username: Dubmc23

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 101
ok is this thing pretty much self explanatory or can some one give me good installation instructions?? thanks...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4124
I installed one of those in my truck. It's a pain in the azz, as most of the wires you have to tap in to are on the ignition wire harness, which is on top of the steering column. Meaning you have to take the whole drivers side dash apart usually. (it's like that for a reason, to make the car hard to steal. Those wires are the same ones you would need to get to to hot wire the car. That is essentially when the remote start module does.)

Silver Member

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 102
ohh aight man but was it at least worth it?? caz i mean i live in south dakota and it gets so dam cold out here....but its not hard once u get the panels off???

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 805
don't do it if you have a standard trans...

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3092
If you dont use all the bells and whistles, like remote trunk, remote door, and stuff, its not that bad. problem is bypassing any factory security. What car, truck? Does your key have a chip in it? If so you need to find the resistance and use a resister to bypass that in the wire. It can be a pain, but it can be easy too. All depends.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4126
It is worth it to me, I live in northwest PA during the winter, near Buffalo NY so I hear ya on the cold. It is just a considerable amount of work.

As for what thieves said: most remote starters aren't designed for manual trans, you will need to get a special one that is if your car has that.

Silver Member

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 103
i have an automatic 1998 civic sedan...so i could use just about any starter on it??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us