Problem with Sony CDX-CA650X CD Receiver, please help

Aaron
Hello

I own a Sony CDX-CA650X CD Receiver and when I insert a CD, the unit makes a clicking noise, (gears grinding) I have taken the HU out and blown on it and it begins to work. Could this have anything to do with cold weather? It has happened twice so far. Please explain what is wrong and why it is happening. Does it damage the receiver?
Thanks.

Aaron

CDX-CA650X WIRE SCHEME (DIAGRAM) CAN YOU HELP ME? PLEASE

Can you use a different faceplate with the Sony CDX-CA650 unit>

i have the same problem w/mine and im actualy online tryieng to find parts to fix mine those noises are caused by a spring that holds the parts that load the cd i found out that the spring on mine had stretched and so after i load a cd in the spring sometimes doesn't have enough tension to pull those parts back. this is what happened w/mine it might be diffrent in your case but i thought it was similar to what mine is doing. sorry i dont know the technical names of the "parts" i mentioned but any way i hope it helped you in anyway

I need user manual for sony radio CDX_CA650X

Anonymous
I have a Sony STR-D1015, and every time i turn it on. After a few seconds a "PROTECTOR" sign appears and i can't press any buttons, on do anything. Please help.

i am also having problems finding a user guide

Anonymous
I have a sony cdx-ca650x cd receiver, it has a cd in it and it won't eject it or play it. It just says "RESET" on the screen. I push the reset button and nothing happens. Does anybody know anything else I can besides take it to a repair place? Has this ever happened to anybody else before? Any help appreciated.

I have a 2003 Nissan Frontier. I put a Sony Disc changer in it and now when the truck is turned off approximatly 20 sec after shut down the speaker beep 3 to 4 times. The only wire that was not connected to the harness was a orange wire coming from the Sony. There were no orange wire coming from the Nissan harness. After installation the lights on warning when the key is removed is not working. Can someone help me?

James Mine beeps as well I beleive that it is just a warning to remind you to remove the faceplate.

you can try and hot wire the unit instead of using the Nissan harness:

Red wire: Constant 12V
Yellow and Orange can be combined together (ignition) or you can wire the whole stereo to the hot wire but you will have to remeber to turn it off when exiting your ride.

Blue wire: Remote to amp or power antanna if neither is used just cap it off.

you can e-mail back if you have any questions of what I reccomend you try: computer_sale_dell@yahoo.com

Corey Webster
my ca650x friggin bites..it like doesnt play anything..it has seemed to spiral into a state in which every time i put a CD in its like in a coma tryin to read the thing..ANY cd, burnt or not..seems as if it has a harder time wit burnt cuz sometimes it decides to play. AND when it does play..it'll play liek a few songs on the CD.NEVER the first one...its such a load..im sick of it..i need help..PLEASE help coolcorey@citlink.net

My xplod head unit cuts out when i turn it up past 20. I am not running an amp, just 4 xplod 2-ways. It seems as if someone just turns the power off when the volume is up... it's turn back on, build up the volume, and cut right out again. Anyone else have this problem ? Anyone know how to fix it ?

I have installed my ca650x into a new car and now when I turn it on it works for about five minutes then "ATT" comes on and then clicks off and then my speakers dont work. Does anyone know what could be wrong and how to fix it. If so email me at hoffpott@yahoo.com in the subject line put "car stereo". Thank you.

i've got a sony cdx-ca650 cd player and an amp running two subs, when i play the radio the head unit turns the amp on and the subs work but when i switch to cd the subs don't work coz the amp doesn't turn on. It worked when i first installed it but ever since i listened to the radio it buggered the whole thing up! HELP! this is really starting to do my nut!!!

Roman Kelhar/SLO
Hi My Sony CDX 4000 RV forget everything, every time I turn car of. I have connected all wirers except blue whit white line. I have permanent 12V on tiny red. What is Wrong!

hey I have a sony cdx-m630 head unit and every time I put the sound up to a reasonable level the att feature goes on and off by itself continuously. This totally ruins the music and is very frustrating. Why does this happen?

Anybody know where I can get a faceplate for my CDX CA650X? Thanks George Steel

Anonymous
I have a Sony STR-D1015 receiver and the center channel does not work? Can someone let me know which part I should replace? Thanks!

I have a Sony STR-D1015 receiver and the center channel does not work? Can someone let me know which part I should replace? Thanks!

Steve
I have a sony cdx-L600x unit. It plays cds just fine but when I turn on the radio, "att" comes on and my speakers shut off. Does anyone know what the problem is??? PLEASE HELP

dan
Problem with Sony CDX-400
the problem with it is that every time i turn the car on the head unit gets reset i dont know what could have happend it worked fine until i pulled it out to install an amplifier somebody help.

Anonymous
I just bought the sony xplod cdx-ca650x car deck and don't know which plugs I use for my rca cables in order for my amp to run.

James
For the sony cdx-ca650x, an amplifer for subwoofers should be plugged into the rear rca jacks. Then make sure you run the blue with white stripped wire to your amp so when you turn on your head unit, it will turn on your amp as well.

I have a CDX-CA650X cd player and i need to find some manuals or wiring diagrams that shows steps to install my player, if anyone can post some wire connectons like which color goes where, that would be great.

THX

I need user manual for sony radio CDX_CA650X can anyone please help me out. Soon as possible

i have the sony cdx-ca650x I lost the manual and im tryin to run a tv thru the inputs and i cant find the aux selector can any1 plz help me im lost

Aaron B
I have a Sony CDX-CA810X it has worked fine all summer, now that it is getting to freezing or below at night the unit needs to be reset each morning before it will operate. Any ideas as to why this is happening and how to correct it would be appreciated.

Hello I own a Sony CDX-CA650X Radio and I need to find the accessory that attaches to the back of the rado . I dont know the name of the piece, but it connects to the Radio right below the fuse. It connect the radio to the car. If you have this piece I would love to purchase it.

Thank you,

Ok 2 things. Does anyone know how to make a convertor for the CD Bus Audio Inputs in the back of the CDX-CA650x? I'm trying to design one so I can hook it up as an Aux In.

2) http://129.33.22.12/release/CDXCA660X.PDF
That's the manual for the 650x/660x. It looks as though the 660x has far better shite than the 650x. Hrmph.

Please email me back about the convertor. Thanks. Also, if you can find just the frequency or bandwidth or voltage inputs or ANYTHING concerning the CD Bus In, it'd be greatly appreciated. Please EMAIL me. Thanks!

Anonymous
Problem:
I have a Sony STR-D1015, and every time i turn it on. After a few seconds a "PROTECTOR" sign appears and i can't press any buttons, on do anything. Please help.

Solution: Check all your speaker cables, the PROTECTOR error means one of them have a short circuit. Check them all.
If all is right, you IC might be bad and needs a replacement at a Sony authorized servicer.

Hi a looking fora instruction to the sony cdx-4000RX or cdx-4000 or cdx-3900 ??? pleas mail to my gizmo@neostrada.pl

Thad Micek
I have a Sony CDX-CA400 In-dash CD/Receiver. When I try to eject my CD, you can hear it cycle through four times trying to eject, but it doesn't eject the CD. Afterwards, the dreaded:
Error 99 message. Any ideas?

This is my third sony in 6 years. I've had better luck with cheap KRACO's (Now, I'm revealing my age)

Darin Kadrioski
I found this page which lists what color wires do what:
http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/service/caraudio.shtml

My cdx-m850mp has an orange/white wire that is not listed there though. I *think* it's for illumination...

I need user manual for sony radio CDX-ca710x. does anyone know where I can get one from? Preferably for free.

I have a sony cdx-mp30. When I turn the truck off it beeps three times. If I take the faceplate off it won't beep. Is there anyway to disable this. I do not want to take the faceplate off when I get out of the truck. If you can help please email me at austin@rlights.com.

Anonymous
I have a Sony cdx-m630 and I have no remote but as soon as I hook it up the face says "CODE IN"

Anyone know what this means?

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
Sony "Protector" mode. I had this same problem, try disconnecting all speakers, and plugging them in one at a time. Use a 5.1 source so all the speakers get a signal. Turn up the volume and see if it goes into the mode. I found that I stripped to much wire and when I screwed the post onto the speaker wire, it was actually touching the case of the receiver, which was grounded with every other component on my system.

Bronze Member
Username: Zen936

Post Number: 52
There are a number of reasons why not many pros post in this thread. But I'll give two.

1. Sony doesn't exactly make good units. They're mostly in it for the looks.

2. Most professionals in here would never recommend you a Sony Head Unit.

Then again it's everyone's preference. There are better (way better!) Head Units out there. I dumped my Sony HU for a Clarion (Now I got two, DXZ835MP and DB125). Should have gone Clarion from the beginning.

Unregistered guest
aloha i wanted to no if there is any way i can hook up a portable dvd player into my cdx-ca650x an make the sound come out through the deck. aloha n thank you for ur tyme, makani

Unregistered guest
Hi i noticed a lot of people havng problems with the cdx-ca650x.Its ironic because i bought mine in 2001 and it has worked great ever since.Recently some jackass broke in my car and took just the faceplate, so now i have the unit which works great and yes to all those who need it i have the instruction manual and the wiring diagram. i would be happy 2 scan it for anyone who needs it, email me.Word of advice keep all receipts and books when buying car audio, i am glad i did i got a even better one with the insurance money i got.Whoever u are thanks for doing me a favor!

Unregistered guest
Brooke;
I really need the instruction manual and wiring diagram. I just purchased one to put in MH after my other Sony got stolen. thanks pwarner@att.net

Unregistered guest
I'm looking for an instruction manual for a Sony CDX 547 ords, anyone point me in the right direction please? Please e-mail me if you can....Thanx

Unregistered guest
PLEASE HELP!!! we installed a sony xplod cdx-ca660x in our daughters 1992 chevy cavelier and now the speedometer don't work.

Username: Wvu2926

Post Number: 1
i want to buy the wires that go in the back of the CDX-CA650X sony Xplod

Amber K.
Unregistered guest
Hey...I know where you people can get sony parts I needed the CDX-CA650 face plate and was able to buy it for $49.95. They have everything it seems. So if you need something for a Sony product go here...http://servicesales.sel.sony.com

Unregistered guest
Shelli,
your first mistake was buying a cavalier for your daughter...your second mistake was buying a sony head unit for it....and she's a teen? she wont even look at the speedometer.
On the sony note, I too made that mistake, did anyone figure out how to turn ATT off on a ca650 x, without using the remote? I hate sony.
~evan evan@sunshinelobby.com

Unregistered guest
Hi,
I own a CA650X, and all of a sudden, my cd cut out last night, and now when it tries to load all that shows up on the screen is 1 LOAD, and then after that it says error. Anyone know what is up it? josh at joshhouser23@hotmail.com

Kelly J
Unregistered guest
I am having the same issues with my ATT turning on and off during CD playback. It plays fine for a few minutes then becomes possessed. I am taking it back to the store where it was installed to see if I should exchange it for another model. Bummer, no one semmed to figure out why it does this?

hotdog
Unregistered guest
I need the picture of a wire harness for model CDX-CA710X sony,I need to know what each wire is, and what the high output for the speakers are. Example, front left, front right, rear left, and rear right is. can someone hook a brother up?

Unregistered guest
I have a 10 disc cd changer CDX-65. Everytime I try to play a cd it says RESET. I've hit the reset button plenty of times but it still appears on the screen. Can someone please tell me whats wrong?????

wiggidywackman12345
Unregistered guest
you idiots are the worst thread jacking wh0r3s ive ever seen in all my internet-forum surfing. seriously, create your own thread for your problems!

junmiester
Unregistered guest
i own a cdxm630 and the "wiretape" or whatever you call it has snaped..it's the tape that connects and controls the face to the body, does anyone know where i can buy one online?

junmiester
Unregistered guest
whoever said sony doesnt make good hus' is right..they look extremely nice but arnt built to last..actually i believe this for all sony car products..first my amp gave out then my sub now my hu..they were all sony xplod products!its too bad i spent so much on somthing i thought was quality built..

Unregistered guest
I am trying to transfer my CDX-CA650X from one car to another and low and behold the wiring is completly different than the car it came out of!! The person that tried hooking it up for me wasnt quit sure what wires went where. Now everytime i turn my car off the deck resets. I also have only one speaker working properly. Can anyone tell me what wires go where? The car its going into (dont laugh) is a Eagle Vista (similar to a Plymouth/Dodge Colt). A few of the wires coming from the car are:Yellow/blue stripe, grey/blue stripe, yellow/red stripe, grey/red stripe, white/blue stripe, Black/blue stripe, then i believe there was a Red, Yellow, maybe blue?? not sure. Can anyone help me?

Xena

P Johnston
Unregistered guest
I have a 2001 Pathfinder and the CD player reads Err2. How do you remove the dashboard to get the player out?

Unregistered guest
Hi i was wordering if u hade instruckshins for the sony xplod cdx-ca810x if u do can u send them to me?

cheng Hong Kong
Unregistered guest
Would u tell me what's wrong ? It just light up while started my car . Why not continue to play the track , which still be playing last time . Any buttons ?

Anonymous

I have a CDX-CA650X that came with my truck. It doesn't play CD's, just gets a ERROR msg on the screen and EJECTs the CD. I don't ever buy anything made by Sony because there junk doesn't last. Once I get a new player I'll have a face plate for sale.

Unregistered guest
I have been given a SONY CDX 5181 RDS car radio CD player but the range of wires at the back is a total nightmare to a 74 year old amateur. I have tried to run it up on the bench with a 12 volt supply but there is no power on the unit. It has a yellow and a black lead (negative earth I assume) and a third one in blue leading to the plug but no combination of power to these connectors will run the unit. Also has some warning on the case about a reset switch but I can't locate it. Can anyone help please.
Ouchie

Unregistered guest
Sup Yall, I got a Sony CDX-L510X piece of crap. Ever since I moved it from my Civic to my Ranger, it quit working right. Every time I turn the truck on I have to redo all my settings (lows, mids, highs and time) and its starting to piss me off. The only wire not connected is the orange one. Someone please help me!!!

juggalo
Unregistered guest
hook the orange wire up man it is memory wire

Username: Patyluiz

Queretaro, Queretaro Mexico

I need user manual for sony radio CDX-CA650X can anyone please help me out. Soon as possible, send it to my e-mail please, luiz_10@hotmail.com

Anonymous

does anyone know where i can get a manual for my sony cdx-m630 head unit.

Username: Hampat

I have installed my ca650x into a new car and now when I turn it on it works for about five minutes then "ATT" comes on and then clicks off and then my speakers dont work. Does anyone know what could be wrong and how to fix it. If so email me at karlhamm2000@yahoo.com in the subject line put "car stereo". Thank you.

ldmars
Unregistered guest
Sony user manuals can be viewed with Adobe Acrobat and downloaded at http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/sosdocs/default.asp

Unregistered guest
where can I get a wire harness for a sony xplod cdx-ca650?

Unregistered guest
where can I get a wire harness for a sony xplod cdx-ca650?

Username: Killa

Thare are way to many questions for me to answer on this board but i'll try
1. the beeping is for security (reminds you to remove the face)
2. you can get alot of parts on e-bay
3. the YELLOW wire is your memory
4. if your amp isnt working check your fuses or the wire
5. turning the volume up should turn the att off
6. if it goes in to protect or shuts off you porbobly have a wire crossed

for any more questions just e-mail me @ geoshit4202001@yahoo.com

Username: Killa

Post Number: 2
i also have parts if any one is intrested

cocharoo
Unregistered guest
Can anyone please anyone give me an idea on making the rca inputs recognize or turn on by confusing or voltage triggring a certain pin on the cd changr or xm hookup. (models without a aux function selection in screen displays) Need to hookup sound from dvd,laptop/tv tuner without having to use an fm modulator or worse a wirelss one. (not as clear) This is a very good question probably a brain overload for most. but for all of the people having all the troubles with hookups such as your basic power connections,and speakers get some basic wiring books and study. it doesn not get any easier all head units have required same configuations on wires needed since early 80's. and I also know that instead of trying to make rca inputs on my sony i should probably just replace it with a better head unit.I would rather get some good input on the subject and melt this one down trying before i give in to buying another more expensive HU.thats how i have learned what i know to this day.most of that experiance was not on a simple stereo wiring.I have also had over 4 sonys and kenwood cd and tapedecks never had any trouble out of any of them except that i could not get them to croak.they just got to outdated to stand having them in my vehicles. idea ,,may have alot to do with being mounted secure in the dash to prevent excess vibration and the fact that they were hooked up correctly from the time they were new.or i may have just been lucky and all the others were lemons. note i am not a lucky person that is why my luck has struck me to typing on this 2 bit site i guess.sorry about the novel being so long here thought it might get some attention or maybe even a response on my initial rca bus input issue and acouple of others i noticed . last time messagin unless i get a good respose next one will have to be shorter i am tired of typing. model sonycdx ca810x
And remember a ten year old can hookup a factory bought system amp crossovers etc.and all(and made money doing it) thats why they are storebought. it's strething the factory rules that makes life fun. much older and dumber now however. still waiting for response.

cocharoo
Unregistered guest
i found manual for my model in an above message i found http://129.33.22.12/release/CDXCA660X.PDF put in 810X in place of 660 and what do you know i found a manual on my HU it says under opttions I probably need a sony AUX selector XA 300A or a source selector XA-3 30 to make rca inputs hookup universaly to any thing. good to know but does anyone know how much these cost,an online site to order special sony parts like . and not sure what diferance is between the two parts. they both sound as if they would work??? better yet still open for anyone that can tell me what these little adapters looklike and what they trigger to activate HU to accept an aux audio. I have many old disc changer pigtails to try and make one unless the part is really reasonable and quick to order
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us