Type R Opinions...

Bronze Member
Username: Spankinurwoofers

MI US

Post Number: 13
What do you think of type r's??? Just bought 2 A8000T amps, looking for good 12" subs for them to power. Also, what should I get to give the amps enough juice to power the subs (like batteries, alt., etc...)? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 457
if done right they can produce alot more than you would think.....i seen some prety good numbers with them

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Turtles have four legs

Post Number: 3424
type r's are nice subs. 800rms is a little to much for them but I'm sure they can handle it. I'm feeding my 15 type r's 04 models 900rms right now and they do well. He'll need dual 4's since the amps are 2ohm stable. And I would install the equipment and see if his stock electrical can handle the system. If it can't, upgrade to a HO alternator and a nice yellow top or kinetik 1400.

Bronze Member

MI US

Post Number: 14
I've got an interstate battery, don't know if it's any good...the system i've got in my car right now makes the lights dim, and its only 600 wrms, crunch PZi325.2. probly not actually 600 either, would that be the alt. or battery?

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 740
both technically plus the amp i'm sure sucks power like paris hilton. u should really do a big 3 if ur gonna pump massive power to them all day long. i'm runnin with one type - r 12 on a hifonics brutus 1206 d which is rated at 1100 rms but it's prob gettin around 900.

Bronze Member

MI US

Post Number: 16
"u should really do a big 3 if ur gonna pump massive power to them all day long."

ummm...noob here, what's "big 3"...?

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 824
the big three is:

alt positive to positive batt. post.
negitive batt. post to chassis
engine block to chassis(any bolt on the engine block)

Bronze Member

MI US

Post Number: 17
replace the wires connecting those things? know where all/any of those would be on a '98 jetta VR6(older model)?

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 825
no, you dont have replace them just add them on. current will take the path of least resistance. make your you use at least 4gauge. if you open your hood im sure u can locate the batt. and the alt. right away.

Bronze Member

MI US

Post Number: 19
ok, thanks! and what type of box (and size) would make them sound the best? I heard someone saying to "tune the box" to a certain # of hz...how would you go about doing that, and to what hz would you tune the box to???

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 745
tuning a box ONLY refers to bandpass and ported boxes, build a ported box to 32 hz. post a topic asking for someone to design or build you a box on here. it's pretty much the only way to optimize sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us