OT: End of world in 2012?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6637

Did anyone watch the discovery channel on Doomsday 2012 yesterday at 9pm? I didn't record it cause I thought it was another one of those stupid shows where people cry about the sky falling. It ended up being quite informative.
If anyone knows when it'll air again, let me know so I can record it.
If you haven't seen it, here's a brief summary.
It's almost 5 years away but, on the winter solstice in 2012, when the Mayan calendar comes to an end, the sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in about 26,000 years. This means that whatever energy typically streams to Earth from the center of the Milky Way will indeed be disrupted on 12/21/12 at 11:11 pm. Universal Time. Some scientists are saying, it could reverse the earth's polarity. You might be asking so what? Well I've discovered that, it may not sound much, but that simple polarity change could cause major disaster around the world. Here's the most disturbing part, scientists are saying it's nothing new, it has happened in the past and probably will happen again. The part that stands out is, every time it happened, it wiped out civilization.
Unlike other predictions from Nostradamus (Y2K, 1999), this one will occur in Dec 21, 2012 around 11pm. You add in ice melting 6x faster now, and global warming, it all points to a bad day in 5 years.
I'm sure most people will say this is another one of those "sky's falling" story and discard it, much like global warming. However, since this is not a prediction, but an event that will be coming, can everyone turn a blind eye?

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4725
lol

isaac, it might be the end of the world but i highly doubt that we can stop something so massive as reversing the earths polarity. What can we do but wait and see what happens and if that is truely the case i hope God will be with me in those final moments.....

but if anyone does find out when its on agian let me know i want to see it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6639
Yeah I know, but isn't it a bit scary knowing that it will happen in 5 years, and there's nothing anyone can do but wish it'll pass without much damage??

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1297
I was pretty sure it was december 23rd.... not the 21st...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4728
i think the scariest part would have to be the ana-rchy and chaos this could cause when people think this is the ned of the world. That is what i am afraid of... other then that death is inevitable so there is really nothing to do from this time on except enjoy life to the fullest.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6641
Doesn't it feel weird though? We've been through so many "the sky's falling" and "end of the world" predictions before that it didn't seem real. But now that it could very well happen in 5 years, sure feels strange.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5889
I guess I'll have to live life quite a bit faster now :-)

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7032
hmmm....wait until JK sees this thread lol

very interesting....me and JK talked about this for a little bit and he informed me of quite a bit, must say i was impressed....

i would really like to see this so if anyone knows next time it is on, id apprecaite it if you would let me know

Gold Member

Post Number: 4729
google 2012

youll get a sh1tload of sites...
it does feel wierd tho isaac. i mean if it is the end what are we working for? why are we still in school? why are we even continuing our lives? is this just something we brush off our shoulders and say it can happen to us? If this really is the end of the world are all you guys ready to die and lived life to the fullest? Damn if theres one thing im going to do before this date 12/21/12 is sky dive

we wont know till 2012 i guess. but you know what if that does happen im gunna be pissed b/c i went to school half my life just to die??
f\/ck that

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1021
It really is something to think about...and it's just a few days before my birthday :-( I really hope this is something not true, I'll be just getting in my good years.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5890
"It really is something to think about...and it's just a few days before my birthday :-( I really hope this is something not true, I'll be just getting in my good years."

When's your birthday?I'll be turning 28 on the 29th of December that year.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 758
there could be alot of meanings to "the end of the world" just because that phrase has the word world, it doesn't necessarily mean the whole existence of the human race, it could just mean the end to an era, the birth of a new species, human, anything. The end of the world for some could be the beginning for others, in more than one sense. But on the other hand, it's not only the Mayan calendar that predicts something inevitable happening on or around that day of 2012. There were several other prophets who foresaw something similar.
Nostradamus' last book, the one where everything is drawn suggests an end to this cycle we call life around that time period.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Bangn aint easy ....when u g...

Post Number: 3887
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2233507101739366398&q=mayan+calendar+doo msday+duration%3Along&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

your welcome

Gold Member

Post Number: 3888
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7694540587838992364

Gold Member

Post Number: 5891
LOL.

Says this video is currently unavailable,THANKS FOR NOTHING! Hahahaha.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4731
thank you for a video that is currently unavailable :[

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 761
LMAO^^^

Gold Member

Post Number: 3889
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8774354484765194861&q=mayan+calendar+doo msday+duration%3Along&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

my bad this one works... part 2 is on the side

Gold Member

Post Number: 6642
The discovery channel covered more than just Mayan calendar. I'd like to record the show this time. Anyone know a way of getting discovery channel's tv listing for this month? I think it's on again on Nov 25th. Just not sure of what time.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1022
"When's your birthday?I'll be turning 28 on the 29th of December that year."

I'll be 22 on the 26th of December that year.

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 198
Its the end of the world why do you think everything is going up in price including gas prices they want to make as much money as they can and enjoy it while they last. I am already bulding a underground tunnel to prepare

Gold Member

Post Number: 5893
I'm saving money so I can buy lots of Spam and guns.

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 765
^^what about ammo?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4733
i would save my money to buy a few AKs

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7165
LOL Rob....as far as Nostrodomus well Ive heard his predictions are taken out of context from the original scripts when you look at the original language used by him to fit a desired prediction (by the translators)

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 766
well...not that you're wrong, but so is everything else, including the Bible...everything is taken out of context and put into someone's interpretation

Gold Member

Post Number: 7166
k thieves....Well I will watch this show if I can out of curousity but as far as my stand on this I dont think the 2012 thing will happen. I will also be intrested to learn more about the Mayan calendar.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15726
hopefully drivingreckless can hit 150db before that day.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1492
LMFAO AT CHAD

Gold Member

Post Number: 7167
LOL Chad

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2721
ive read about this for years. i just got in the video 2012, The Odyssey today. like ten minutes befoe i saw this thread i got the mail and my video was here. i've seen parts of it and if this subject interests you id advise u buy the video. i know this stuff pretty well, i've done 2 research papers on the subject (2012 in general and one on the Mayan Calendar in relation to 12/21/2012)and read 2 books.

I fully believe in the date just havent concluded what i think about it for sure.

like darivingshitlips said, research it online a bit and watch some videos. you will be amazed.

hopi indians, ancient egyptians, nostradamus, and ofcourse mayans all predicted the exact date. mayan calendar is the most accurate astrological calendar known to man. it has predicted every solar and lunar eclipse in the past three thousadn yaers. its kind of a big deal

Gold Member

Post Number: 6643
Sean, I think everyone would gladly wish it is just another hoax. However, the part about the planets are suppose to be happen cause the "scientist" themselves said it. Don't you wish the scientist were as accurate as those that predicted Y2K disasters?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7168
Well we shall see in the future whether this all happens.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7169
as for the show im tryin to watch it now

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1493
"darivingshitlips" LMFAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats the best driving insult ever hahahahahahaha

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3098
funny thread...

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2722
rob, d/l the song...

Canibus - Javelin Fangz

its about buying guns in preperation for the time to come

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2726
next big thing happening according to mayan calendar is may 5th 2009. look it up

Gold Member

Post Number: 7170
well im all finished watching the show... and well all I can say in short is.. there isnt anything in that show that changes my original opinion

Gold Member

Post Number: 6644
Which one did you see? The discovery channel one or the mayan calendar?
I'm waiting till someone tells me that, what the scientist said about the planet movements are false. Without that happening, it won't be much of a disaster.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7035
whats happening may 5th JK?
google didnt show anything for me :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 7172
the one linked on this post with two parts

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8774354484765194861&q=mayan+calendar+doo msday+duration%3Along&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

if theres a link to another please post it

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2728
google ha, these kids rely on google!! gotta do some hard research. books and hands-on calculations...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7037
google > hard research
my research = wikipedia

lol

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1210
Hrm....

If these Mayan ppl were so smart why arn't they still around today? If it happens it happens if it doesn't then you all (well just saying) can continue to live in fear of whats around the next corner!

How many stocked up on spam and water bottles for the Y2k bug? I didn't can't stop the inevitable so drink up and have fun!

(I never did any research so perhaps there's a reason why the Mayan aren't here)

Gold Member

Post Number: 7173
no worries here

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 393
Sh!t, with all the crap i have to worry about and now this sh!t comes along.

That's just frigg!n great, now I'll never be able to collect enough green stamps to get that toaster oven.

Isaac, this kind of sh!t has been on the TV more times than Ozzie and Harriet re-runs on Nick At Nite channel.

OK, say it happens, so what, it's no like anything can be done about, so live for the day and if the next day doesn't happen to come around, ohhhh well.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5544
BIG PARTY at my place....12-20-12

EVERYONE IS INVITED!!!!

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2729
umm mike u need to get ur fvuckin facts str8 because "mayan ppl" still are around today. and what makes them stupid? cuz they dont reproduce nearly as much as americans, they arent smart? i can provide proof that mayan elders are still around if thats what you want. sure they arent a flourishing metropolitan or advanced civilization but i believe they were light years ahead of us millenniums ago. plus they had an all-around better outlook on life. much less crime and much much less sciolism....

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2730
woodlawn, your right. possibly nothing can be done to fully PREVENT this prophecy but we need not be victims of events beyond our control. getting urself informed about what could come and what the several possibilities could be is the smartest way to overcome. i dont think the world will explode into thin air but there is definitely a new age upon us. get prepared and have plans!!

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 1089
Alright Canaan, I'll talk to my Mom, tell her about this sh!t and how I gotta go fly down to the US for a party, since the world will end. LOL. Imagine if a bunch of people actually showed up. Like all of Ecoustics, damn that would be cool.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6645
Hey, you can choose to ignore the predictions from people like Nostradomus and others, but the part about planets being inline on 2012 wasn't by them. It was by the scientists and they also said it only happens once every 25000 years. So that's what makes this one different from Y2K and 1999 issues.
Anyways I have some good news! No I didn't switch my car insurance. The show will be aired again on Discovery channel on Nov 19th, 1am and 4am. Then on this Sunday at Nov 25, 11am AND at 3pm. So don't miss it!
Even if you don't believe it, watch it with open mind. You might pickup some info/education.
"http://www.exn.ca/OnTV/series.asp?series=43501089&TZ=0"

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1215
I thnk my facts are straight if you read what I wrote.....

(I never did any research so perhaps there's a reason why the Mayan aren't here)

I had no facts to make straight and I noted it on the above post as I havn't heard anything bout Mayan people before, nor their calender. Maybe I did but I forgot it.....

I still plan on watching this though as I think it will be intereseting. Im just not going to freak out.

How much is a one way flight from Canada to Cannan's place?...lol

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 448
dayum im taking 19 hours of college clasees and working...i never have time for any fun....i would hate to see that i wasted the last years of my life...but i'm not scared of dying so we'll see what happens

Gold Member

Post Number: 6648
No need to worry cause unlike global warming, there's nothing anyone can do about it. It's going to happen on 2012. Think of it this way, you'll be one of the first to ever witness an event that occurs once every 25000 years!

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 499
im gonna try to see the one tonight a 1am if i dont end up passing out.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2219
November 19th at 1am and 4am....you're gonna watch it tonight?...think about that Julian...1am & 4am on 11/19 already passed...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5551
Hell, if everyone comes down...I'll buy the kegs and break out the TL.

Prolly end up getting too drunk to remember how to use it though

Oh...and Jumbo for EVERYONE!

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 501
lmfao internet commando pwned me:-(

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 778
hey I'll throw down for a couple kegs!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11105
It's funny when some ppl say "You better prepare" or "Are you ready??"

C'mon. Really. If the poles were to shift on this planet do ya think some blankets or a short wave radio are gonna save you??

IMO ppl love to worry. Almost as much as those who profit from it. 5 years isn't enough time to prepare for a global change (that nobody knows for sure is going to happen), or WHAT will happen. In 20 years we'll be worried about something else. Heck, we could get wiped out from an asteroid we didn't see coming tomorrow, just like the dinos. What would worrying about do, sell more spam?

Yea for the spam company.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5552
Twinky's ???

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 662
Interesting thread, thanks for the read Isaac. I'll be looking into this.
Theres a movie I'd like you to buy Isaac, its an old movie from the early 70's called Chariots of the Gods
http://www.amazon.com/Chariots-Gods-Heinz-Detlev-Bock/dp/6301599411
This movie contains some bs and a bit of speculation. However, much of it is footage of actual sites that raise some serious questions.
The factual data and footage is what really gets me thinking.
Of course, I've seen the Nostradamus videos, before Bush senior was in office, all it's predictions for the upcoming 90's I was nervous to say the least. The dates came to pass with only parts of his predictions coming true. That series of events has lead me to be a little more critical of information that predicts our future.
As for our existence, I think its important to understand our place in the universe, spiritually and physically. The movie I mentioned, the show you watched on Discovery channel, the recent discovery of the "second earth" only a few million light years away, movies, literature, and countless other discoveries lead me to believe we are not alone in this universe.
very cool thread...

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5471
yeah iv also learned alot about this a few years ago its all really interesting.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6650
Zac, I'll check that out. You know what they say, where there's smoke, there's fire.
Paul, you don't have to believe anything. The only part I stress is, on the alignment of the planets on 2012. That will happen no matter what. Whether it causes diaster as some scientist and people say is another story. So don't get too caught up on the predictions. Instead look at what will happen for the 1st time in 25000 years.
I strongly suggest that everyone watch the show this Sunday. It's more than about people predicting things. It actually sheds some light/idea on what could happen with earth when the balance is disturbed.
Anyone know a way of downloading the show on Sunday? I was planning to record it, but just in case my tv goes down.

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 816
Uploadwere all gunna die

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2731
no doubt theres other life forms out there. NO DOUBT. ur an absolute idiot to think we're alone in the universe....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11111
Isaac, I didn't mean to say I don't believe the prediction. Astronomy to me is very interesting and something civilizations from 1000's of years ago have in common with ppl of today. Meaning why are we here and where are we going? Scientist's/astronomers/ancient cultures track and date events back billions of years. Billions. The amount of time humans have been on this planet since its' conception is almost so insignificant that how can we even entertain the notion that we "see" the end coming?

George Carlin said it best: "We as a species are nothing more than a surface nuisance to this planet."

I don't lower the importance of thinking ahead, just question the timing.

Fack! Where's my beer?

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1217
^^^^^x2 JK32SHO

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 780
No one really knows why the Mayans disappeared, they just did, just as the South American civilizations before them.
Most Geologists agree that the Earth is due for another polar shift.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11112
This thread is too deep for the amount of beer I have tonight.

Let's let calvin set it straight.

Upload

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7043
x3 JK....just a matter of time before they find us/we find them.....what will happen when that happens is a whole new argument

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 784
^^ROFLMAO

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7045
thanks thieves....i thought what i said was funny as well....

lol

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 787
well that was meant for Paul's.....lol....but your's is LMAO

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11113

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3089
I didnt read any of that but the first post. The Earths Magnetic pole do reverse. It has happened numerous times in the earths History. What effect will it have on us? None. And that 10,000 year eclipse thing, So what. It happened at least 200 millions times already. Big deal.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7049
i was being sarcastic with my second post....lol...i knew you were talking about pauls post....

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 410
On december 20th of 2012, im gonna go buy a jackhammer, bring it to Canaan's party, and plug it into a wall socket!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11114
I'm gonna go make a sandwich. Think the world will be here when I get back? Oooooooooooo

Lol. Sorry. We'll all be here years to come. Trust me. My bills won't stop coming anytime sooner lol.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5473
isaac if you think this is fucked up start looking into the illuminati

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11116

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2737
u can say fucked????? lmao sweet

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5475
haha why so funny paul you had enough beer to understand now

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2220
i'm interested in seeing this program on the Discovery Channel but i scrolled forward to Sunday at 11am and 3pm and i didn't see it...

My take on the subject is this: I don't believe for a second there is going to be some sudden dramatic change where life as we know it ends in an instant. Could December of 2012 mark a significant turning point in our lives as we know them? Sure it's possible. I think it's important to consider that the number of species in extinction VASTLY out number the number of species currently in existence. get my drift?

Humans tend to take for granted that we're "supposed" to be around forever because we are currently the most advanced beings in existence to date (that we know of). When it comes to things like global warming and other changes in the goings on of the universe and specifically planet earth, you have to realize that dramatic changes like these have occured before and life continued to exist, only it changed in it's nature.

Maybe a few hundred, thousand, or million years from now, humans won't exist but instead Glorbatrons will walk the earth on their 12 legs, and live comfortably on planet earth at 250 degrees farenheit, and not require oxygen to survive. Who knows.

i dunno it's just my $.02 but this stuff reminds me of like people who freak out about species going extinct and such. Like tree-huggers who hate mankind because the Panda Bear is endangered when if you think about it realisticly it's like, why are we trying so hard to keep it around? The fu<kin panda bear doesn't do sh!t, it sits around all fu<kin day and will only eat like 1 stupid food and absolutely refuses to bone another panda...Without the aid of mankind this is a species that SHOULD HAVE gone extinct years ago.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 502
thats cause they are only airing it in canada they already aired it here in the US on october 15-16 according to google.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Murray, Kentucky

Post Number: 2046
"The fu<kin panda bear doesn't do sh!t, it sits around all fu<kin day and will only eat like 1 stupid food and absolutely refuses to bone another panda..."

LMAO

Gold Member

Post Number: 3891
the people who9 buy guns... pointless
if it happens it says north america is going to turn into flames... ammo would self trigger

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 309
in my opinion, since the calender we use has changed a few times over the last few thousand years that the dec 21 or whatever 2012 will not even be the real dec 21 2012.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3892
how u figure it changed? examples?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7174
Im going to that party Canaan's having. Yes I drink just not to excess. Who doesnt like to party. LOL

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 468
i remember about all poles and stuff shifting,i was interested in stuff like that,well cuz i had a cool history teacher.that let us watch movies,but it does happen,

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 469
and now that i thank about it, i was always told that god said,when the world came to a point in time where everybody was killing ech other etc. the worl was gonna end

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 310
another thing: scientist have concluded that the earth(an all other planet that revolve around another object) very slowly slow down and that every day is a very small fraction of a second longer than the day before..and over time those fractions add up...

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2771
dboiz show proof of ur last two statements...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us