Is this gonna be bad?

Username: Emerazuul

Post Number: 4
I have an Infinity Kappa Perfect 12 inch DVQ on its way to my house, I plan on running it with a Sony XM-1252 GTR amp since thats what I have at the moment. I was told that the amp is underpowered for the sub. I am asking you all who read this, is underpowering a sub bad for the sub until I can afford the Infinity Reference 611a amp?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

HEMIKLR

Post Number: 9067
Well it wont be too bad. The amp just sucks. It will sound a lot better when you get the new amp. And are you set on the 611a? You could probably get a nicer amp for the money.

Silver Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 170
Its ok to underpower a sub, just dont clip the signal.

Username: Emerazuul

Post Number: 5
what do you mean "clip" the sub? @ Moey

Also what would you suggest Logan for a good amp for cheaper than the 611a? I was picking that to match since then all my speakers and amp would be infinity, ebay has a new 611a for like 160~$

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5880
"what do you mean "clip" the sub? @ Moey"

Clipping the sub would be feeding it a distorted or dirty signal by pushing the amp and making it produce un-clean power.Under powering will NEVER hurt a sub.Everytime you have your volume low you're "Under powering" your sub.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3869
get a plate amp.... they use wall outlets for power..

^rob u want my old DD box for the 2 15's? i meant to ask u when i gave u that sub.. 12cu at 40hz about 96sq in port area... good for daily setup 25$ also has carpet and bolts\wing terminals

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5886
Well...I have no use for it at the moment but I'm gonna see if I can find someone who needs it.I'll let you know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us