15" SQ sub suggestions

Bronze Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 46
97 honda accord, $200 budget, I want SQ, clean lows, gonna run 1 sub, was thinking about 2 but I don't wanna skimp on the box.

Any ideas?

No amp yet.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2712
not sure how more subs affect skimping the box but i'd go with an ssa icon

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
small trunk

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2716
trueeee. ssa icon

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2938
http://www.rdaudio.net/woofers/sonance.php

Get a hold of Kevin at LowHz.com lowhz01@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Bangn aint easy ....when u g...

Post Number: 3875
to bad they dont make the Type X in 15's..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
http://www.rdaudio.net/woofers/elite.php

dont look bad.

is SAA sonance?

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 495
The ICON is a good choice, but the 15" model is a little over your budget. If you want to increase it, there is free shipping on ICONs in the lower 48 states for the rest of the year.

If you want to stay on budget, the FI SSD with copper coil, or even a few dollars less there is the Ascendant Arsenal.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4111
I really recommend pushing that budget a little more if at all possible, and look into the Fi Q and SSA Icon

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
The budget was a ballpark figure, I can up it a little bit yet.

Can you guys include links or atleast the full name of your recommendations? I am not as savy as others may be.

Great suggestions so far!

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 767
you can't go wrong with RD, although, that Elite may require more space then you are able to give it. I have an Alpha v1 and absolutely love it, prob going to go with two 10" classics here in the future, little bit of a downgrade but I'm losing alot of space, hopefully :-)

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 391
Fi = www.FiCaraudio.com
RD = www.rdaudio.net
SSA = www.soundsoulutionsaudio.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Thanks Eddy!

bump

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
Okay, Great suggestions, I'm going to take your advice. I've narrowed it down to these:
FiQ 15" 2 ohm DVC 1000rms $280 (1 ohm avaliable)
SSA Icon 15" 2 ohm DVC 900rms $270

I was wondering, Wouldn't 1 ohm eat up more power than 2 ohms? Which should I go with?

If I can not get a better deal on either of these I may step down to the Fi.SSD 15" 800rms for $210.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Also, why copper coil? does a $5 upgrade really make that big of a difference?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5380
the voice coil of the subs are for wiring options. since you already have the subs picked out, find an amp that you can afford and does the power you want and then buy the sub in the right vc for it. i'd highly suggest that icon/sundown combo from ssa if you can afford it/don't already have an amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
I dont want to have to put in a HO alt, So my guess is that a 2 ohm sub will not make my lights dim as much as a 1 ohm sub. Is this correct?

One more thing, I was looking for a 4 ohm sub since I am pretty sure I know how to wire that. These 2 and 1 ohm subs use like .75ohm between the 2 coils and I'm not sure what to look for in an amp to make sure I won't blow them.

Also, I was asking about alluminum coil vs copper coil, is copper really that much better since they only require $5 more for a copper coil from Fi?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5383
needing a ho alt. will come down to the amount of power your running, regardless of at 2 or 1ohm, and the charging system you have now.

for wiring options, jlaudio.com and rockfordfosgate.com both have wiring wizards to show you how to wire it up.

as for the coil option, i can't remember. go to the fi forum and check yourself. www.soundsolutionsaudio.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
Thanks for the help all!!!!! I love Ecoustics!

Silver Member
Username: Zero43

Fort gordon, Georgia USA

Post Number: 242
I'd go with the elite or sonance I have an 12in elite right now and I love it the box only takes up half my trunk and it gets plenty loud for my giving it only 600 watts I'd give steve or kevin a call if I were you to check on price the sonance would be a good choice too I've only heard it never owned it though price would be cheaper than your first too choices also

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5479
Q and icon basically the samenow im waiting to get flamed by the ssa fanbitches
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us