REM on amp

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 330
on my amp theres the power/rem/ground.

my questions about the rem. i know what it does but what should i hook it up to in my car (328I 07) and what size should the wire be? i have like 16' of 12 guage lying around

merci

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3087
Que! 12 awg would be fine. por pa dor!

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 808
12 is real big just for rem. but of course it would work. i would think you would be better off useing somthing small and using the 12 for speakers/subs

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Tofino, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 863
12 awg is more than enough.

I assume you already have an aftermarket head unit?

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 331
ok but where should i hook it up to?? my stock amplifier for the car speakers is in the trunk. if i connected it to a speaker wire coming out would that work?

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2064
you could use like 20 gauge if you wanted to...ill take it you have a stock HU right?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4106
No you need to figure out which wire at your stock amplifier shows +12 volts when the car is on, but not when it's off. That's the wire you need to tap into.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Tofino, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 866

quote:

ok but where should i hook it up to?? my stock amplifier for the car speakers is in the trunk. if i connected it to a speaker wire coming out would that work?

M.S. is pretty much right, grab a multimeter or a test light and find out which wire carries a 12v+ when the ignition is on, and is dead when the car is off.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us