Battery Wiring

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 510
Wassup people's today I had took out my Cap and put a battery in the trunk (deep cycle) and did the big 3 and hooked everything up my subs hit louder and more deeper and my lights don't dim as much but my question is since I haven't replace the stock Alternator of my Saturn would I run into any problems ?

Silver Member
Username: Mark872

2 Type X 12s, Hughes S..., Texas

Post Number: 153
how many watts you runnin?

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 513
I am only runnin like 700w maybe 800 on 2 12" JLw2 in a 4.3cuft box tuned to 32hz

Silver Member
Username: Mark872

2 Type X 12s, Hughes S..., Texas

Post Number: 154
your stock alt should be fine then.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2684
how big is ur stock alt

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4105
I hope that battery is exactly the same model as the front one, or you're gonna be lookin at 2 dead batteries in the future

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 517
I think my stock Alt. is like maybe 120a and the batteries are the same but why would it killed both batteries if there not the same ?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4109
Didn't I already tell you this in a thread before?

Each battery has a slightly different internal resistance. When the alternator is putting out 14 volts and charging both batteries, this is not a problem. Problem happens when the alt is not charging. Due to the difference in resistance, each battery sees the other a small resistive load, causing current to constantly flow between the batteries until both are drained.
The longer the vehicle sits without the engine running, the more current will drain.

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 519
alright thanks alot I am looking into getting 2 optima bat. when I get my funds up and upgrading my alt. but I believe they don't make large Alt. for a 1995 Saturn SL2 I even checked the website only seen 90a

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4114
Optima batteries are not very good at all compared to Odyssey, Kinetik, etc.

As for your alternator:

http://www.db-starter-alternator.com/Items/8107-200%20amp?

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 608
i run two different types of batterys and as long as you dont leave it sit for extended periods of time your fine

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4117
It will still wear out your batteries faster than they should due to having constant load on them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us