Super excursion.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2430
ok, this is just some more super excursion type stuff. what seperates all of this from anything else out there is i know these guys. one of them is a friend of mine and when i first met him he was like 16 with eight or ten 12" kenwood tornados.

anyway, please visit www.fs3suspension.com for pics and mainly, VIDS!

any pics and vids inside of an audio shop that you see on there is the same audio shop that tremor goes to.

just for wire and stuff of course... :-)

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2431
oh, the kenwood tornados were in an 86 camaro also, subs up... :-)

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2432
maybe i should have put "8 inches of excursion" somewhere in the title...

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

HEMIKLR

Post Number: 9063
Where do I them?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

HEMIKLR

Post Number: 9064
Where do I buy them?*** Lmao

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 272
what is that song playing in the first page of the site called?

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 805
I wonder how well it would hold up for long periods of time. So they take a 15 and make it a 12 with lots of excursion.. I'd like to see #s from a good sub that would drop in the same box. Interesting to look at- crazy excursion.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5531
I really dont seen how that kind of excursion is usable w/ the motors they are using.

The coil would be leaving the gap or slapping the back plate. Motor force on the coil would be next to nothing at the extremes of that excursion.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5532
To elaborate:

Sure...freeair the subs are moving like crazy. but IMHO not in an enclosure w/ backpressure on the sub.

To move those subs like that, you would have to give the coil FAR more power than normal. Prolly end up over powering the coils and killing the sub.

Anyone???

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4096
marshall.. what i am getting from it is they connected both motors..

stacking two motors would give it twice the excursion.. depending on the space between the two motors would make the movement vary..

what is harder to figure out is the spiders.. how are they not seperating? i'd like to see how they built them

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 582
tremor he could i get a pair of subs from this guy those things are awsome would love to be one of the first people in my state with those and has he done any kicker CVR's yet i saw in the background and infinity

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Tofino, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 865

quote:

To elaborate:

Sure...freeair the subs are moving like crazy. but IMHO not in an enclosure w/ backpressure on the sub.

To move those subs like that, you would have to give the coil FAR more power than normal. Prolly end up over powering the coils and killing the sub.

Anyone???

What you're saying makes sense, but from what I'm getting out of this they manufacture their own spiders, they are probably VERY soft, allowing for easy excursion. Can also be a bad thing.

But, the videos aren't working so this is a guess at the most. :-(

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2433
all the vids work fine for me.

and as far as how they actually sound. not too bad until you get them really moving like that. he has one with the kicker looking surrounds in his car right now and it sounds good but the thing is, its all tweaker stuff and he isnt out to be better than anyone. he just always loved stereo equipment. and i think he just always had a hardon for excursion. who doesnt. he does cool stuff though...

the jl audio looking one has two VCs and they are together with aluminum cans... :-)

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2435
"what is that song playing in the first page of the site called?"

if its the intro song, its called "i love big speakers" its an old bass song...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5540
After looking at it again, it looks like they are using speaker surrounds as spiders.

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2436
all i have seen is just regular spiders.

they have like, ninja skills, and can stretch super far or something though. nah, not sure though, hes done alot of different stuff...

the main prototype has no cone at all. it is a 12" surround, 10" surround and a dustcap... :-)

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 274
thanks for the intro song name tremor.

Username: Cascompany

Post Number: 2
Very nice excursion hehe.
so far, I saw they stacked like 2 motors (sure 2 coils), the spider looks to be made from surround (outside) and spider (inside), then allowing for the spider trave + surround travel.. or something like this.

This is on a very protype state... but looks promising... It would be very nice to know, some kind of aproximate T/S parameters of this things. (you know excursion is good, SD is smaller, motor ? etc. no idea) ... if they're at only 1000/1200W? they move very nice, even free air.

hope to get more info on this... looks like a RE XXX with it's huge excursion hehe.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 806
The enormous loss of cone area just doesn't seem to justify the excursion though. I could be wrong, but I don't think it would compensate for the loss, and it would be in the same playing field as drivers one or two steps larger than it. It's fun to watch though.

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2437
yep, i just like to watch them move... :-)

as far as any kind of numbers, the one with the two kicker looking surrounds did around 134db at 32hz...

and they are playing linear at that much excursion, also...

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4097
they would make good HT subs playing at a low FS and being very responsive.. i don't see the use of them in car audio really unless your doing SQ.. that is if you can make those subs sound good :-)

cost/trouble .. just get 15"s :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us