Custom System

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2663
I want support for this idea (if it's feasible).

It's for a Toyota FJ Cruiser, a promotion vehicle.

The problem is, I don't want to take up any more space than I have to.

Hopefully, some drivers could be mounted in the doors and all over to eliminate the need for an actual subwoofer.

Here's my idea.

Remove all the speakers and whatever the system is now.

This is your head unit.

An amp rack would be built to organize the amplifiers into a small area as to minimize space used.

McIntosh amps are used.

The drivers are all CDT.

There will probably be one of these for every 6x9 now, and all powered by enough of these to get 150w/driver at least. The ones in the front would be used as part of the front-stage. The rest would be run as subs.

Maybe one of these powering the SQ800 could fill in the spot for the subwoofer already there (a little work done to make it fit right, of course).

Another one of those amps could be used to power the component set (only a front stage) at 300w/channel.

When more money is to be had, more amps would be purchased to provide at least 300w to each ES-06+ and to bi-amp the components.

A CD Changer would accompany the head unit.

This way we could pretty much take up no space (except amps) and have room for what is needed.

Does that sound like it'd be pretty awesome for a show vehicle? There are many options. That's only one. This would be in use a lot.

Help is appreciated. Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5864
"A CD Changer would accompany the head unit. "

Cd changers are a thing of the past in my opinion.I'd leave that idea out personally.You could also install an 8'' sub under one of the seats to get a little bass in there just think about the MTX "Custom enclosures",I'd go with something similar to that.Instead of going with 6x9s why don't you run 6.5s?There's a wider selection of them and they usually sound better unless you run a comp set of 6x9s and even then...I like the idea of the Mcintosh amps though :-)

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2664
Did you not see that the drivers I linked to were 6.5s?

Yeah the SQ800 in the back and under one of the seats...hmm...

Chances are the first thing would be the head unit, amps, and component set in the front. After more money came in, the 6.5" subs would be added along with amps. Then the 2 8" subs would come in last along with power.

I think that'd be pretty good considering it took almost no extra space up in the vehicle.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us