Btl vs ssd?

Silver Member
Username: O0airjordan120o

MN US

Post Number: 203
over all shoud i got with 2, 18 fi ssd's powered at 1500 watts(750 each) or 1, 18" fi btl powered at 1500watts..

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13149
the SSD's

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Tofino, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 856
Depends on how much room you have to work with.

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 204
ok will the btl be able to be as loud? i dont want to spend 600 for 2 subs if i can get the same for 1 at 400

Silver Member

Post Number: 858
IMO not worth the extra 200.

You will be more than happy with the BTL.

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 205
k

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2217
Uh..2 18" SSD's will be about $480 at the lowest depending on the options and 1 18" Btl will be about $410 at the lowest depending on the options.

A pair of 18" SSD's does have the potential to get louder than 1 18" BTL depending on install. They will sound better too.

What is your goal in your setup? imo, 1500rms is not even worth gettin the BTL.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2661
2 18 ssd's louder than 1 18 btl on same wattage daily

Gold Member

Post Number: 2218
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 860

quote:

A pair of 18" SSD's does have the potential to get louder than 1 18" BTL depending on install. They will sound better too.

What is your goal in your setup? imo, 1500rms is not even worth gettin the BTL.

True, but again, it all depends on space. A box can make or break a system. I've played around with boxes and WOW, does it ever make a difference. If you can't give a sub the room it needs, it's gonna sound muddy, and not very loud at all.

But as far as product, I'm really not that familiar with Fi's stuff. Only stating the generic facts. Naledge is probably right with the power issue.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2220
"A box can make or break a system. I've played around with boxes and WOW, does it ever make a difference."

Very true. I have a pair of 15" Q's and my first box was 7.8CuFt after disp and port, tuned to 32Hz and my current box is 8.0 after disp and port tuned to 30Hz. I couldnt beleive the difference. The 30hz plays way flatter and sounds louder to the ear. In this situation the driver played a role also. But still, I couldnt believe the difference.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 803
I'd go BL before BTL on that power. The SSDs should have more potential, though the 1 BL would be only about 350 fully loaded. Then you could go 2 BLs on 3k watts when the gravy train rolls around. Between those 2 though I say SSDs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us