Making a box

Bronze Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 40
making ported box for 2 x 07cvr15's. All I know about ports at the moment is they are holes in the box. Is there a guide out there to better prepare me for this task?

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 144.9 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 359
get us box spec and will get you port spec do you want a slot port or round or square

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
I'll have to measure my trunk and post proposed box dimentions.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 387
Your gonna want 7-10cu^ft of net space ( Without port and sub displacement ) for those 15" subs what kind of car do you have.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5822
Also we need to know what kind of performance you want from the subs.Do you want all out SPL or do you want it to sound as good as possible or do you want it right in between?For daily systems guys like to tune to either 32hz(On the low side) or to 40hz.Anything above these frequencies is usually more geared towards SPL and are called 1 hit wonders meaning they won't play a wide range of frequencies as opposed to a lower tuned box(disadvantage of a low tuned box is obvious,it won't hit the higher frequencies as well as a higher tuned box).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
I want all out SQ, just needs to be loud enough for me to hear it, but I wanna hear clean lows.

Honda Accord.
The box they were in was only 4.5 cu ft, which probably would have fit in my car. I dont think i can fit a box with 7 - 10 cu ft in my trunk.

Would one 15" sub in a properly sized box sound better than two 15"s in a box with only 1/2 the recommended cu ft?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4070
Absolutely yes

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15720
^^^^what he said.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 389
you could either make a nice 3.5cu^ft box tuned to 33hz for one of the subs ( i just did this setup in a dodge stratus and it sounds awsome for daily budget setup ) or put both of them in a 4.5cu^ft sealed box. If you looking for daily sq sealing them wouldn't be a problem. I had 2 Kicker comp 15's on 300 wrms sealed in a 3 cu^ft box in both a trunk car and an suv and they sounded great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us