Good audio shop in SF Bay Area?

Bronze Member
Username: Drumjunky

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 61
Can anyone recommend a place in the bay area to go get some work done? I'm having light flickering issues.

I just picked up a car where the previous owner installed a system and now that I've put in my own HU, I'm getting flickering. It's not a lack of power and its something to do with the wiring. I've tried to troubleshoot it, but now it's time to throw some money at it to make sure it just gets fixed.

Thanks in advance guys!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5821
If you think it's in the wiring you need to upgrade to a thicker gauge.Can you give us a detailed description of your system?Amps,alternator,wiring gauge,subwoofers,speakers,etc.We need to pinpoint the problem before you throw money around.

Bronze Member
Username: Drumjunky

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 62
So when I got the car, the system worked fine. It had a casio deck, PPI 5-channel amp, one 10" w0 hooked up, and MB quart components up front. There is 4-gague wire for power and ground. Cool.

I threw in two 10" w3s (after making sure resistance and wattage were compliant with amp) and that worked fine no issues. I wanted to swap out the casio deck for my alpine that was in the old car. Wire it up and change the gains on the amp to make sure it captures the 4-volt out from the alpine.

I'm getting flickering at about 1/3 volume, subs hooked up or not. Flickering is mostly in the HU but also shows up a bit in the gagues and interior lights.

I've checked the alternator to make sure it's working right, battery is holding charge. I also added a 1F cap just to see if stiffening the voltage was the problem. Cap did little and I'm still stuck with my problem. Tried grounding the HU to the chassis instead of the ground wire in the car's harness. Nothin'.

Since the issue happened when the HU went in and the power system checked, out, I figure its something to do with the wiring.

Hope this helps!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us