JL 12w7 H.O Enclosure

Bronze Member
Username: Matt_uk

Post Number: 23
Im from England U.K, just wondering if anybody knows any suppliers of the JL HO boxes in the u.k or any1 that sells them in US and will send them over at a reasonable price?

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1084
I know woofers etc. will ship overseas

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1511

or you can ask a question to this eBay member to see if their willing to ship there

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JL-AUDIO-HO112R-W7-12-ENCLOSURE-12W7-HO-SUB-BOX_W0QQitem Z300171552696QQihZ020QQcategoryZ32823QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6632
The best thing to do is, get a plan/layout of the HO box design and build it there (if no one can ship it there). It's not a magical box. I'm sure somebody must have it. No point in paying hundreds of dollars for something that's worth $30 in materials.

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 384
Good Luck trying to find the plans for a JL HO enclosure. The only way anyone is going to be able to provide any type of design/plans for that specific enclosure is if someone already owns one and is willing to take a saw to it to cut it in half to see/measure the actual details.

I doubt anyone would be willing to carve up a HO box just to scam the design details for what the cost is for one of those enclosure's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6635
Woody, I'm sure you can build one. I've looked inside one. Nothing special except the design/layout. Maybe next year, when I have time, I can probably give you the dimensions and pictures. I bet you can build it for $50 or less in material cost and make it better than JL.
If you lived close to me, I would let you take appart my HO box and build me a new one.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5820
"If you lived close to me, I would let you take appart my HO box and build me a new one."

Now that's a cool guy.Too bad it's just talk here on the forums lol...I'm sure you're not that worried about that HO box though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6636
Nah. If Woody is as good as people say, he should be able to make me a better box. Besides, I don't work for JL, so I don't mind sharing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
Yeah, I got to see and HO box up close but wasn't able to take a really good look at the guts of it.

From what I could tell, the port does nothing more than use the entire id width of the enclosure by whatever height and starts in the bottom part and goes up the back and across the top and terminates in that front recessed cavity area where the subwoofer is.

It's almost like there using the front portion to create a resnoance chamber to re-enforce the bass response/output given the area of the cutout on the front.

I would most likely be a royal b!tch to take one of those apart just to geta look see at the guts of it, one things for certain, it would never go back together

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2194
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 386
Yeah, I already saw that graphic.

If I had the time, money, equipment and facility's to build and test enclosure's in between trying to make a living designing and building enclosure's for customers, I'd be rich man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us