Recommendations?

Bronze Member
Username: Ne0nblakk

Des Moines, Iowa USA

Post Number: 51
Hey. I had a system planned out a couple years back, but had some problems with my car, which I ended up getting rid of. Was planning on getting adire components and 2x 12" brahmas, seeing as adire is no more.... I was looking for some new recommendations. I'm looking for something that's gonna hit hard, but I want them (or it, not against a good single sub either) to be able to stay strong in lower frequencies as well as sound clean and crisp. I'm not looking for anything too crazy, I'd like to avoid a HO alt at this point, and the system will be going into a 95 civic hatch or integra, haven't decided which I'm going to get yet. Just looking for some good recommendations for as I said, clean, hard hitting, low handling subs. Also open to good components, amps, caps, etc. Open to ported or sealed box, very open at this point. Had things all planned out, like I said, and I've forgotten a lot over the time. Thanks in advance.

Bronze Member

Des Moines, Iowa USA

Post Number: 52
I hear that a low tuned ported box as long as it's a good box, etc. will give great SQ as well as nice SPL, and handle well at low frequencies. I'm thinking a low tuned ported box perhaps. Also, I'd like to run another smaller amp for my other speakers, so the sub amp can't eat all the power up. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3845
2 12" type R's tuned to 32hz should be pretty good on 800~rms

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3084
^seriously? no offense, but R's are far from what i would recommend to a guy who was planning on 2 bramas... I would say a couple of 12 inch stereo itegrity BMs on 1000 watts, a 15 soundsplinter rl-s on around 1200, or a 15 IDMAX on 1000. an fi car audio Q 15 would even work nicely. anything will get pretty loud in a civic hatch just focus on the SQ part of it. my suggestions range in price greatly so just choose one how much you want to spend.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 798
^ I'd agree with reece. A single SI BM or Q on 1000 watts would be a beautiful thing. Getting loud and keeping great SQ at the same time. The Q really gets those lows too (I don't have enough experience with the BM to say a lot about it though).

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1086
My JBL GTi sounded much better than my Fi Q

2 Image Dynamics IDQ V3's

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5807

Bronze Member

Des Moines, Iowa USA

Post Number: 53
Thanks for the recommendations guys. Feel free to keep them coming as well! I'm gonna look over some specs on these ones. Any recommendations for components?

Bronze Member

Des Moines, Iowa USA

Post Number: 54
K, I looked over the specs. I'm thinking probably a JBL W15GTI or IDMAX/IDQ 15. Kinda leaning towards the gti at this point. They both have nice low freq handling. How is the SQ on the gti? Also, I was looking at some of the JBL component kits as well. Anyone ever heard those before? Also, what would a good amp be to power the gti? I don't want anything extremely high end, but I want a good solid amp, so nothing low end either. Something maybe higher mid-end?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5808
The GTI was used in the number one ranked SQ car.

Bronze Member

Des Moines, Iowa USA

Post Number: 55
Nice. I'm pretty much sold on the W15GTI at this point. Just need an amp recommendation.

Bronze Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 39
WoW I just looked up that W15GTI, $700 sub ouch.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5823
"WoW I just looked up that W15GTI, $700 sub ouch."

Some people say that you get what you pay for haha.It's not always true but sometimes it is. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7159
http://search.ebay.com/jbl-w15gti_W0QQcrlpZ945470565Q5f9406QQfclZ4QQfnuZ1QQfsooZ 1QQfsopZ1QQkeywordZjblQ20w15gti

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-JBL-W15GTi-15-Subwoofer-DVC-6-ohm-GTi-Series_W0QQitemZ18 0172701993QQihZ008QQcategoryZ18804QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2039
bm's are definitely nice clean sounding subs ive to 2x 12s and theyre awesome, but id vote a single ported 12" Fi Q on a zx1000....itll sound nice and clean and slam in a little honda hatch or integra

Bronze Member

Des Moines, Iowa USA

Post Number: 59
They're not actually $700 though. They're a little over 300 new on ebay. That's just the 'suggested retail'.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3099
it's gonna be a pain to buy an amp to run that sub correctly. because of ths high ohm configuration you will need a amp that produces power at a strange impedence. that = more money, but still the GTi is a badass sub

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Harrisburg star city, Pistolvania USA

Post Number: 230
I would go with 2 12" RD sonace or 1 15" I also here the RE SE's are nice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us