Production Pics

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1736
The new production pics are out for the eD 13Av.2 - it looks beefy. I can't wait to play with one.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?t=1&products_id=554

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2706
man i think that is the ugliest cone ever

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5778
That might as well be a 10'' sub.That surround is huge and stupid,not to mention doesn't function like a cone would.Just get yourself a 10'' DD sub and it'll perform similar if not better.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1927
i wanna see that vid...

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4699
^ an ssumption....judging a woofer by looks :-\

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1737
hmmm...I didn't expect to see people hating on them. They look nice to me.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2030
looks real nice, i would consider one if it had the basic black cone with white ED on it...but then again its a little too much for me...would wanna hear one though

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1738
Well I paid about $210 for it, so I think it should be worth it.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://crazydbs.freefo..., ^^^NEW FORUM

Post Number: 7143
it looks like they copied the id max with jl audio technologies and give it some steroids and it looks like a str8t sq sub

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 845
Looks like a great sub man... Heavy @ss fvckin thing!

You know we all expect a full review.. How much power are you gonna feed it?

Rob. Look at the xmax.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3889
"That might as well be a 10'' sub.That surround is huge and stupid,not to mention doesn't function like a cone would.Just get yourself a 10'' DD sub and it'll perform similar if not better."

retarded statement, have you ever seen a eclipse ti the one with a tc 3hp motor, its surrond is big yet it will easily hang with a dd3500 in spl and destroy it in sq, not saying this ED sub is great but saying its crap just by pics and becuase the "surrond is huge" is just retarded.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 1062
Yeah, judging from the reviews, it's pretty loud, without the cone area. Displacement takes over in the lower frequencies anyway, and it has the Xmax to make up for the cone area, and it's under hung.\

Lil Rob, you gotta find out more before you go saying it's a JL copy, he discussed that thoroughly in the blog.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5791
Maybe you guys would like to read about how cone area and surrounds work?

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/features/EROMSurround.asp

Thanks guys.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5792
"Rob. Look at the xmax."

Just because a sub has a high xmax does not mean it will get loud.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5793
""surrond is huge" is just retarded."

Good job quoting me Dustin,you made yourself look like a retard there.It's all good though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5794
In case you guys are too lazy to click the link...

DIGITAL DESIGNS NEW EROM SURROUND PROFILE

DIGITAL DESIGNS has developed a new surround profile to handle the ever-increasing need for cone excursion. This EXTENDED RANGE OF MOTION (EROM) profile allows for increased excursion while keeping the effective piston diameter high and wasted moving mass low. EROM surrounds combine high sensitivity with extended low frequency capability.

Traditional wideboy, inner tube type surrounds allowed for some additional throw but at the expense of both effective radiating diameter and sensitivity. A 15" speaker with a wide surround uses a 12" cone body; a 12" uses a 10" cone, and so on and so on. These smaller cones reduce the area of the speaker that pounds out the SPL. What sense does it make to send out a 12" speaker to do a 15" speaker job? EROM surrounds allow the use of 15" cones in 15" speakers, 12"s in 12"s and so on and so on. EROM surrounds give long throw AND large piston diameter.

Those same inner tube surrounds have much more inherent moving mass due to their bulky, inefficient profiles. This wide inner tube profile requires extra surround thickness to keep them from flapping around under power. The added moving mass requires more amp power to overcome all the bulk. The EROM surround profile takes advantage of height to increase surround travel. Surround height is the major component to excursion, not width. The reduced surface area of the EROM profile reduces the required moving mass. The EROM design is highly efficient in its excursion/mass ratio.

EROM surrounds are a true breakthrough in the design of highly efficient long-throw subwoofers. Digital Designs is always at the forefront in the development of technology to push subwoofer performance to new levels. The EROM surrounds we developed are being copied around the world, some even use our EROM term in their advertising. So while others are copying what we do and how we say it, we'll be breaking ground on new stuff. Stay tuned.

Straight from DD's website and the funny thing is...it all makes sense.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 745
you really get off making sure that you're smarter or at least sound smarter than everyone and anyone don't you?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5796
"you really get off making sure that you're smarter or at least sound smarter than everyone and anyone don't you?"

I wouldn't go around posting false information and I wouldn't bullsh1t about stuff on here.I'm proving my point and backing it up with references.If I'm wrong teach me why I'm wrong and I'll respect it.If I'm right I'll make sure that you realize it.I'm here to help people and if others are saying false information I'm going to correct them on it.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 746
I didn't say you were wrong, but you are extremely condescending and I don't see how anyone can respect what you have to say regardless of its credibility because of that. Try simply informing someone of what the correct information may be instead of calling them stupid or ignorant before hand.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5799
"Try simply informing someone of what the correct information may be instead of calling them stupid or ignorant before hand."

I did neither.Everyone tried to jump on my balls saying I didn't know what I was talking about.Proved them wrong.Dustin was the one who said I made a retarded statement.He attempted to quote me and failed so I said he made himself look like a retard.That's all,I didn't call anyone stupid.It doesn't matter if people don't respect what I have said because I'm going to say what I want regardless.Like I said though...if I'm wrong prove me wrong and I'll accept that I'm wrong and that's all there is to it.If I'm right...oh well I'm right, get over it.

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3890
wow i forgot one letter sue me.

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3891
and FYI rob cone area isn't everything, BL plays more of a factor in spl than cone area.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1739
Alright, enough BS in the thread. It was started for opinions on the sub.

And SkieS...I am going to give it about 1100 for now. That should be sufficient, but if it isn't I can upgrade in the summer when I am done with school.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5801
"and FYI rob cone area isn't everything, BL plays more of a factor in spl than cone area."

The BL isn't all that high on that sub either.

"Alright, enough BS in the thread. It was started for opinions on the sub. "
And that's what I did Ben,I gave my opinion on the sub.

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1083
I see some JL W7.. RE 05 XXX.. all in one sub

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 717
"Only 200 Will Be Sold @ This Price. First Come. First Serve."

D@mn...

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1740
I understand Rob...that was just in reference to the side discussion. No big deal.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4715
wow audiobahns look bad-a-s-s so they must be loud!!!!

Silver Member

Tofino, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 847
""Rob. Look at the xmax."

Just because a sub has a high xmax does not mean it will get loud."

I missed the part where I said it will get loud. You commented on the wide surround I said look at the xmax. As said above the displacement will more than make up for the cone area lost.

BTW, Rob, just cause a company's website says something about their technology, doesn't mean its true. Its all about marketing. That is a VERY biased way of looking at things and you should know that. I'm not saying I don't trust DD, I'm a huge fan. Not tryin to be a d!ck but your askin for it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5831
"""Rob. Look at the xmax."

Just because a sub has a high xmax does not mean it will get loud."

I missed the part where I said it will get loud. You commented on the wide surround I said look at the xmax. As said above the displacement will more than make up for the cone area lost.

BTW, Rob, just cause a company's website says something about their technology, doesn't mean its true. Its all about marketing. That is a VERY biased way of looking at things and you should know that. I'm not saying I don't trust DD, I'm a huge fan. Not tryin to be a d!ck but your askin for it."

I only said that because I didn't want people who wanted opinion on subs would think Xmax is everything.I wasn't aiming that directly at you Skies.Oh and DD isn't all about selling like crazy the way you think they are.DD tries to protect dealers and keep their product sold in shops and off the net and don't sell or mass product insane amounts of subs like other companies.DD is the real deal my friend.They don't have to even use "Marketing" to sell their subs.Most people find out about them through word of mouth or online.If they wanted to sell tons they would just go to best buy and circuit city and sell online like most other companies do but DD isn't about all of that.I wonder how their home audio is taking off...

Silver Member

Tofino, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 848
Yeah, true Rob...

On that note, anyone know why DD is dealer/local only and Audioque went online only?

It might not be that DD doesn't want them there(at CC and BB), it could be that they don't fulfill the expectations for DD. A bad salesman can make a bad name for a company.

I'm sure when DD first started they had marketing, although I have no proof.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us