1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee full overhaull

Username: Fugi123

Post Number: 1
Well my front two tweeters blew, and my rear right speaker is also fuzzing up on and off. I have decided to bite the bullet and do an entirely new system for this car. I have the infinity gold system witch includes 2.5" Infinity tweeters x2 6x9" Infinity woofers x2 (front doors) 6.5" Infinity full-range x2 (back doors)and a Infinity amp (180W). The woofers are the only speakers not giving me crap atm so I would keep them to cut down the cost. I'm really wishing I could just buy the new speakers and hook them up as is although I'm not sure if it will be setup correctly. Will I need to bypass the amp and get a new one? How about the head unit? How about the crossovers as well, how do I got about wiring them in? I guess because of my lack of knowledge I'm going to have to have a professional install this but I still need to know what parts to order! If you guys can shine any light on this stuff for me and possibly provide me with some insight on witch speakers to order that would be great, thank you!

Username: Fugi123

Post Number: 2
I've put some thought into it and figured it may be a good idea just to replace the tweeters, full range, and get a sub woofer for the trunk aswell. My question is do I need a new head unit to use a new sub and how do i go about using two amps?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 12094
you need a line out converter like the PAC OEM-1 to adapt the Infinity unit to RCA outputs.
then you can just connect a powered sub like a bazooka tube or Infinity BassLink to the system.
this is what I did with my jeep anyway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us