I need some help please..frustrated!

Username: Kingmike2301

Post Number: 1
I'm trying to install a pioneer receiver into my friends trailblazer. I used a metra wiring harness and cut off the opposite plug end then spliced that into the harness that came with the radio. ( i used the metra harness to plug into the factory harness, but cut the opposite end off and put the radio one on.) The problem is: The headunit has no power at all! There is power cominginto it but it won't turn on. THe pioneed manual says something about an automatic amp relay wire or something? Do i need to connect that? I've done these headunits before but i'm stumped.I appreciate the help!

We're just hooking the headunit up for now to the stock speakers. No subwoofers or anything like that right now

Bronze Member
Username: Cjohnson

Gilman, Iowa

Post Number: 18
Check the fuses. On the cd player, and on the vehicle for the radio. Mine was under the hood, but it could be on the drivers or passengers side (I've seen them everywhere). Other than that I guess test your ground, make sure it's in a good spot. If you have a multimeter that you can use to test the power to each wire (battery, acc, and ground) that'd be the best way to go.

Username: Kingmike2301

Post Number: 2
I plugged the factory radio back in just to see if it worked.. and of course it worked! This is confusing me

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 725
no no , heres why u need a seperate clock wire essentially. u gotta look up it's been a while for me but certain gm cars need a external positive to be wired or clock. do this go and run a seperate positive that turns on when the key is on and off when the key is off. i'm starting to remember now so go and run a postive to a heater control or mething just tap into the pioneer jack cut the metras pos and run ur own. all should work after that. it's a quirk in certain gm cars. a fuse is not your problem. btw i assume this trail blazer is near the 2000's if so that's ur problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us