Help me a sec...

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2399
im complining a cd with lots of pics of subs and amps and i was adding pics of peoples custom enclosures. more specifically, walls and whatnot related to ground pounders. he is doing a ground up build kinda on a 99 dakota r/t and were walling it off someway or another so anything half@$$ related will be cool. im going over there in a few hours.

thanks much.

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2400
and what would be the baddest 4 12"s or 15"s sealed on the planet for ground pounding.

ok, maybe not the planet :-) , and were not intrested in DD at all...

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 640
re mt
i would mind having 4 of em

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2536
apxx's or neo sigs

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2537
if he can fit and afford 4 15 apx's plus the wattage and electrical needed it would be most likely the loudest daily truck on the planet.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3845
if you want shocker sig/neo sigs check here www.splcell.com just be warned their kinda exspensive.

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2401
yeah, he probably wont buy anything super expensive. probably a max limit of 1500 for subs.

were shooting for about 4kw total and the elec. will be backed up. the box will be tuned low as well, 28-32ish if ported.

i would like to play with four rl-s12s sealed or ported in there but they are like 500 apiece i think. were not going for sq really since were thinking like 4kw but we want it to sound good, stay somewhat musical, basically play a kinda wide range of frequencies.

MTs would be nice if we could find a nice set of used ones, arent their prices WAY up there too?

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3846
with only 4k total you don't want shocker sigs, maybe 4k a piece, with that amount of power i'd go something smaller like AA havoc, eclipse ti, mmats juggernaut etc. and brand new mt's are expsensive but used you can usually find them around 300 a piece.

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2402
yeah, im thinking eclipse ti, soundsplinter subs, tc sounds subs, subs with linear coils and or lots of throw.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3819
" not intrested in DD at all... "

FAIL........ 180 db from one Z18 sub

beat that

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3847
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38745

check there, get the 3hp motor same as the eclipse ti, then get a basket and recone them. easily under $1000.

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2404
"" not intrested in DD at all... "

FAIL........ 180 db from one Z18 sub

beat that"

not intrested in metering truck at all, just want it to sound good.

FAIL...

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3856
DDs can sound good...... granted they're not the best SQ subs out there but average at least. And they own at SPL.

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2405
if i was talking about ported we would maybe consider them.

even then with the one i owned and the several i have heard, were pretty much not intrested in them at all.

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3850
have you thought about treo ssi? there good subs that will get loud and sound good and 4 would do well with 4k total.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3858
Oh well if it has to be sealed then yeah scratch DD

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2406
well see what happens.

weve both kinda got our eyes on the rl-p15s. four in a sealed wall but setup like how the HO Problems truck is. only with 4 subs, instead of 24... :-)

memphis 4kw or rockford 4kw amp. or POSSIBLY two of whichever amp.

its getting a makeover though. their buying a tahoe for daily driving and the dak is going undercover for a while.

heres the suspect as it appears today.

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us