Will this interior speaker set up sound good?

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Harrisburg star city, Pistolvania USA

Post Number: 139
I jus order a pair of Phoenix GOLd RSD6.5 component set and to run them I got a Phoenix Gold Ryval V752. I'm gona leave the back stock and run off the headunit sometime this week I'm ordering an alpine IVA-W200 (headunit). I'm thinking about getting a PG line driver tht increases volts up to 8 volts. Well guys what do you think phase 1 of my new setup is complete 2 BL's, orion 2500d and a HO alt on the way lol.
BTW got the comps 87 shipped and the amp 97 shipped on ebay all brand new.

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 832
i used to have those... very good for the money. i loved them while i had them

Silver Member

Post Number: 833
talking about the rsd's lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
Why did you get rid of em then?

Silver Member

Post Number: 834
well im upgrading to rainbows (saving for them) so i sold the rsd's locally. you will like them alot though i think. i did.

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
How much power were you giving them? And I was going 2 ger some pioneer rev 6x9 's for the back but everyone says leave them stock and run em off Hu power why is tht?

Silver Member

Post Number: 835
well rear speakers arent really needed imo. they arent really needed unless u always have people in the back all the time. my rear speakers were stock for a while when i had my rsd's and my car sounded fine. i gave them about 50 rms each and the sound was really clean. i didnt go really expensive with my rears i just put some infinity kappa 6x8's in the back. the rear doesnt really matter to me much. its up to you if you want to upgrade your rear speaks. they will sound better than stock. :-) good luck with the install. you'll like the pg's

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3818
1) don't even bother with the rear speakers, all they do is take about from the sound of a good comp. set

2) don't waste your money on a line driver, why do need that? Almost every HU out there has at least 2 volt RCAs. That alpine probably has 4 volt or higher. That's plenty of voltage for a clean signal.

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
Ok good lookin MS are you sure it has 4 volt output what about all the Eq stuff because I knew my jensen sucked on eq it only has treble and bass do u kno anything about tht unit?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3835
Ok I just looked it up it says 2 volt preamp. But that's still enough, the only time you need a line driver is if your going to be running a ton of amplifiers from the same signal.

As far as EQ goes, thats not of much use unless you have an RTA to tune the system with........

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
O ok thanx. I can't wait to get that deck and those speakers installed I really hope tht amp is good as it looks lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us