Need help repairing rockford fosgate subwoofer!!

i was removing my subs from an old box and when the sub dropped out, i snapped off the little peg thing where the wire clamps into. so now the peg doesn't screw in but also the wire coming from the inside of the speaker broke off. it looks like i might need a new peg and a new piece that screws into it that is attached to the wire. fosgate said the don't repair older models so i was wondering if anybody had any ideas. thanks a bunch.

My 10" sub needs a new seal around the speaker where screws could fasten it to the box. Does any body have any ideas?

motoman22
T Denero, you'll just have to get creative. Make sure you leave plenty of slack on the lead (wire connecting the cone to the input panel) and see how you can fix it. If you can get a picture of the situation I might be able to offer better solutions but these things call for creativity. Are you anywhere near Dallas, TX?

I have some OLD Kicker C-12's (with 'KICKER' in gold on the fabric dustcap) and I've repaired these things several times. I've had to replace the leads mentioned above several times, even removing the dustcap to start over (again.) After almost 15 years they continue to work like champions but the surround is beginning to get thin and that's beyond what I'm willing to repair.

JoeIrwin, that foam or paper seal is optional. Ideally the OEM seal is torn off so the driver can be mounted firm to the cabinet face with a good layer of silicone between them. That's the only way to get a solid and airtight seal BUT... if you want a new gasket underneath it go to Home Depot and get some self-adhesive foam weatherstripping. You can get it in several widths and thicnesses in rolls (usually near the screen doors.) Just carefully stick it on as it needs to be and trim (be conservative) around the mounting holes.

the wires that are glued right up under the speaker part of the sub burned out and ever time i stick the wire against the part it burned out from it would work, so i tried taping it and that worked for awhile until the tape loosens up,so what can i use to make it stay speaker type:Rocksford Fosgate punch "12

Anonymous
i have an MTX 8000 DVC 12 inch sub and i believe there is an air leak in the dust cap and its making a rattling noise, any idea how to fix that

D.Thome
I have a pair of MTX 8000 10's and one of the wires that connects to the underside of the cone has come loose. It looks like it is soddered onto it with a rubbery substance. All i need to do is make the connection tighter. Any suggestions?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us