I give up

Bronze Member
Username: Patrick80

Post Number: 19
i tried to take off the glue residue on my window after taking my tint off and its too hard. it takes too much time. i am gonna take it to a tint place and have them do it. it shouldn't cost that much money. they have some kind of a steamer and that takes it off.

on a side note, i need you guys' opinions.

i love the way my sound splinter rl-s 12s sound but my lights dim at high volume. not to mention when it hits the lowwwwww notes. should i just put the 2 12s for my HT and get a pair of 10s with a 800-1000wrms amp? or should i just put a extra battery in the trunk and deal with the weight. what would you do?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5662
As far as the glue residue not coming off,use a razor blade to scrape it off.Just be careful how you use the blade because you can scratch the glass.As far as lights dimming goes...you need to fix up your charging system,being your alternator or wiring.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7053
I think I used nail polish remover to get tint stuff off but make sure the car is well vented for the fumes and I also used the razor blade too

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
yeah i guess later i will take my stuff out and re do everything. lol. i am thinking running a single 0 gauge to the back for better current.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7054
redid my post as you posted

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Lord Protect...

Post Number: 559
To take the tint glue off use a razor and spray windex as you go, it will come off easy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
i tried malik. its not just little here and little there. its everywhere.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Lord Protect...

Post Number: 560
I know what you mean, just keep it moist and work in a small area as you go

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1087
Zippo fluid.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15660
thanks mark but i did it with windex and razor blade like malik said. it worked well. lol. thanks again.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2157
i have a similar sort of problem...my headlights have kind of a permenently fogged up look going on. It's like there is some kinda residue or stain or w/e on them. as a result my headlights aren't very bright. I was told to try rubbing compound and that failed, any ideas?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15661
you should just start a thread asking that pit bull. you would get more replies. the people on this forum are the best. they are the smartest in the world.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3808
" Zippo fluid. "

Haha Zippo........ my school is less than a mile from the Zippo factory where all their stuff is made

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10973
I'm telling ya guys soapy water and a razor blade. I used all kids of chemicals, rubbing and rubbing, only smearing. Soapy water and the blade worked for me.

Gold Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 1036
wax and grease remover worked great for me

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3061
the easy way is to put paper towel on the window. Spray with ammonia. and let it soak for 15-20 minutes. Some times putting a trashbag over the door/window will help the cleaner get into the glue better and stop evaperation. after some time, up to an hour. use a razor and windex and it will come off very easy in a gummy build up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us