2 MTX or 1 Type R???

B.Wat
Right now in my honda accord I have 2 10inch MTX thunder 6000's... I just got an Alpine Type R 12 inch yesterday... Im wondering if 1 type R would be louder than two 6000's??

Anonymous
yah them alpine type r's hit real good.i have 2 10's and they bang really good.

Anonymous
Hell no. If you run enough power to those 6000's the Alpine couldn't even mess with it. I've got 2 10' 6000's in a sealed box with a 1400 watt boss amp, and they my celica to the core. The Alpine is a good sub but I'd stick with the mtx's.

well, the whole answer here is in cone area, the 2 mtx 10s have more cone area than the 1 type-r. although the type-r moves more air, it will still not be able to match the sound from the 6000s. the alpine may be cleaner, but will not be as loud. now if u get 2 of those alpines, there will be no contest between them and the 6000s. i personally do not trust mtx subs below the 8000 line.

B.Wat
If I add polyfill will I see an increase in bass from my Type R? Should I use just 1 Type R or save and get two??

i'd recommend for you to save and get 2, but there are other subs that are also just as good, i'd recommend looking into the adire audio shiva. 125 per sub, and its a sub comparable to the JL audio w6v2 very nice stuff. also look at the earthquake dbx sub.

jack
i'd go with two alpine type r 12's, i just recently bought two on the internet (www.hookedontronics.com) for 108 dollars each and they fricken rattle my car apart not to mention the amazing clarity of the two. good deal, great sub, bottom line.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us