10" & 12" JL W0's

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 352
My friend has 2 10" jlw0's and is buying 2 12" w0's today. They both are all svc 8 ohm subs. Each sub is in a sealed box in its own chamber. Will these all work on the same amp? Or would he have to buy 2 different amps?

The dc resistence is exact on both sets, along with xmax(dont think that will matter), and rms are the same.

If this wont work, will 2 250/1 amps work?

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 354
C'mon guys, I need to know.

And I was refering to the 250/1 as JL amps. He has an alpine mrp-m450 right now.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3778
Don't mix different size subs the same car

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Post Number: 112
Stick with the 12's. Wire them to a 4 ohm load and use a single 250/1. The Wo's reach their peak excursion with very little power. The 250/1 will get the job done....

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
The same setup can be performed on the 10's as their rms rating is identical to that of the 12's (125watts)...

but then again, running different size woofers in one application may look odd.

nevertheless, your friend's preference will prevail.

Good luck...

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 355
I just wanted to make sure it wont f@ck with he amp if we do try to wire all of them up to one amp. I figured it might sound a little odd mixed up, but like sean said i wont know till we try it.
Thanks guys.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3784
Sean it's not that simple. A 10" sub will have a different frequency response that the 12" version of the same sub. That causes cancellation.

It will make some frequencies much louder than others, as the frequency response curve of the entire system will be all f*ucked up.

In other words it just doesn't sound right.

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
Actually, i took it for granted that he was aware of the frequency cancellation, hence i only directed my response to his main question and what i thought was more appropiate...

all four subs can work on a single 250/1 as they can be wired to a 2 ohm load, which the amp can quite comfortably support, since it has an operating impedance of 1.5-4 ohms(75watts rms per sub), but as M.S rightly said. it'll sound like crap ...

Good call M.S

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 358
I had head of cancellation before, but didnt know exactly what it meant for sure. He was thinking about getting 2 250/1 amps, but he wants to see how it all sound together, using his mrp-m450. Thanks guys for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us