OT: Car dealer ripoffs in Canada

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6591

Man look what we have to deal with in Canada. Crooks come in all shapes and sizes (as in organizations).
If paying VERY high taxes weren't bad enough, we have businesses thinking they can stick it to us. Good thing some of us aren't complete idiots.
The funny thing is, this has been going on for years (probably decades). They're getting busted only cause the Canadian dollar is above $US.
Remember, it's not just Ford, just about every car manufacturer is doing this in Canada. Toyota is the WORST of the bunch. Those b turds!

Ford has some explaining to do. This is the price for a new Mustang Bullitt.

With the Canadian dollar sitting at $1.10 (U.S.), the Bullitt's Canadian price is $38,494, consisting of $33,999 for the base GT and a $4,495 hit for the Bullitt package.

In the States, the car lists at $31,075, which at an exchange rate of $1.10 is $28,250 Canadian. That's a difference of $10,244 (higher priced cars have even greater differences), or 36 per cent, more in Canada!

No amount of "higher cost of doing business in Canada" can explain that away.

So if you want a Mustang Bullitt, there's got to be a Ford dealer in Buffalo who would love to see your big fat Canadian loonies.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4531
lol issac what do you expect.
Ford is slowly losing money and they need a way to maximize profit why not jack up prices in canada were canadian money is worth more??

most people wont catch on. If you ask me its a very clever idea if you are a buisness man but to the consumer its pretty much unbeneficial. Oh wellz man

Move to US of A :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Shak180

Hayward, California Usa

Post Number: 54
mustangs are american cars bro if canada made they're own cars im sure we would be paying more for them then you were thats just how it works

cost to ship things building manufacturing plants in different countries and what not it gets included in every selling price

Gold Member

Post Number: 4534
^how true is that to???

honda is made in japan or USA???

if they are made in Japan and shipped to USA then they are actually fairly cheap. Then again i dont know how much they go for in japan.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6595
FYI, we make American cars in Canada AND ship to the states, so there goes your theory. It's not all snow and eskimos up here.
There's a big lawsuit in Canada against the car manufacturers cause of collusion. You see, they won't allow us to buy cars from the states. Any dealers caught selling to Canadians will get banned.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4553
LOL

wow do canadians hate americans that bad???

Gold Member

Post Number: 6597
Nah, we don't hate anyone except the politicans and George Bushy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4561
Then we have something in common :-)

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6894
"cost to ship things building manufacturing plants in different countries and what not it gets included in every selling price"

i disagree....price of something comes from how a person values that item....price doesnt come from how much it cost to make it....price is purely subjective not objective....microeconomics :-)

i can go into further detail is wanted

Gold Member

Post Number: 4564
i want more detail...
i dont think you know anything else about this subject.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3755
There is a import tax and it has to do with your country the reason why it is so high not the US! If you were to buy a Hundai in Korea where it is made it wouldn't cost you sh!t and BTW a good amount of foreign cars are made here in the US also. Now Chrysler makes a good amount of there cars in Mexico, and those fools cannot own a new US car, that has to suck, hhahahha. Now if you had a family member down here to buy it and you drive it back that would be the way to go but them again there are much better cars for the price not to mention a Mustang in chains isn't all that attractive, lmfao.... Hi-HO Eskimo... :-O Polo..

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

C
A
N
N
U
C
K
S

Gold Member

Post Number: 4565
Polo to be politically correct you have to say Inuit not eskimo

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6895
driving, your killing me.

are you really gonna make me write out a big long explanation and then not read it....just take my word for it

Gold Member

Post Number: 4567
No i want you to write out a big explanation and i will read it and give you a critizism on it

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6896
what do you want it to be on?

why prices are what they are? or what?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4571
why gas prices are so damn high, when we have tankers filled with oil inside our ports....

i also want to know why the america does not build more oil refineries.

i want to know why the f\/ck isnt the wold fair.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1919
"Hundai in Korea where it is made it wouldn't cost you sh!t"

apparently bimmers are real cheap in germany as well. that would be t1ts

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6897
i dont know why prices are so high

or why america doesnt build oil refineries

or why the world isnt fair

gas prices, i could be wrong with this but from what ive heard, again may not be true, but gas prices are in perfect line with what they have been thourhgout history. if you would do a comparison of the gas prices today vs the value of the dollar today and another one of the gas of price in the 80's vs the value of the dollar back then. then it would be proprtional and be similiar. and lets be serious, gas places foud out that we will pay $3.50 for a gallon so why not charge it? we all need gas to get around day to day, so why not maximize your profits by raising the prices? they open a gas station to make money, not be your friend.

being fair, if the world were fair then it would not be exciting. what do you consider fair? fair for you or fair for others? going back to gas prices, the prices may be unfair to you but it seems very fair to the gas people. should he lower the prices to make it equally fair to you and him? personally i dont think he shold. i would like for him to, but thats just unreasonable to ask for.

there you go driving....what i have heard

Gold Member

Post Number: 6601
Drivingreckless that was funny. I'd like to know more as well cause we've heard of them all up here from the manufacturers.
The funny thing is, when the Canadian dollar was around $.65 to $US, it made sense. No one complained. Now that the dollar is at $1.10 to $US, none of their old excuses make any sense, especially "due to Canadian exchange rate to the US dollar" crap.
While the small retailers are struggling to lower their prices to match the US stores, the car dealers flat out refuse. When consumers complain, they're so co.cky, they tell us to go shop in the states for the lower price. In fact they dare us to do it. I hate greedy ba$tard$.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3756
"why gas prices are so damn high, when we have tankers filled with oil inside our ports....

i also want to know why the america does not build more oil refineries.

i want to know why the f\/ck isnt the wold fair"

The answer for evything wrong in this country can be put at the feet of our government and we being the people allow it! We will continue to get fcked until something is done. It is simple environmental tactics, we will not be using fossil fuels much longer, we have the technology we have the resources but we have a PSSY as a president, hope Hillary Clinton comes into office because she has the most B@lls around, including Bills :-O Polo..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4577
im voting for hilary clinton

Gold Member

Post Number: 6602
If she ever wins, she'll break the old tradition that said, "no American president shall ever be a female or a foreigner.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4581
well if you ask me why shouldnt a female lead the county?? look at the queen of england she doing well or is she just part of a puppet government.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1920
"so why not maximize your profits by raising the prices?"

they do. all $36.13 billion of it. thats 1 company.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6603
Bad example. She's just a puppet making billions of tax free dollars/pounds every year. I have no idea what she's going to do with all that money! Just imagine making billions every year tax free. She'll probably run out banks for her deposits. If she lived till 200, she'll probably will end up owning England.
You have to watch out for those rich ba$tard$ that act poor in public. She doesn't pay for anything. Then again, the whole royal family doesn't pay nor work. So I guess queen isn't the only leech.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4584
LOL
isaac so who runs the english government?
would that be parlament?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6605
They have a regular government just like the rest of the world. Royal family's out of date/time. Maybe in the early 1900s, they were somewhat useful. Nowdays, all they do is cost the country money and space.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4590
kick em out i say

hi-ho

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3757
A queen in any society is just the result of a man not DICKING her correctly turning her into a SUPABITCH! :-O Polo..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us