Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 994
Charging allot there Killa.....

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3784
how you figure? brand new it was going for 1200....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3785
ill check the current price on similiar specs and post a link here...

Silver Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 995
$1200 for 512mb ram, 1.8GHz dual processor, and only 100 gigs of HDD space? My laptop has better quality than dell, more hdd space, and 1 gig of ram for only $589 BRAND NEW.

Silver Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 996
"ill check the current price on similiar specs and post a link here..."

I believe that you paid that much, but dell is horrible when it comes to quality. They use the cheapest parts they can find and charge a sh1tload.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3787
dell doesnt offer the same processor aymore.... with somwhat similar components i still couldnt get under 700$.... give me offers still im struck for cash so if somthing looks like a ok offer most likly ill still do it... btw its a upgraded power supply.. this laptop only asks for 65watt supply i have a 130watt power supply for it so it would work on almost any dell laptop there is...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3790
actually dell is the best manufactured PC u can get.. sorry

Gold Member

Post Number: 3791
also it had 1 1\2 gigs of ram but the gig got sold

Silver Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 999
"actually dell is the best manufactured PC u can get.. sorry"

LMAO Sorry, but you are wrong. The best manufactured computer you could get is a mac, then 2nd is a gateway. Dell is WAY down on the list. Their parts are generic and made in the cheapest way for more profit. try again.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3797
MAc sucks..... not compatible with nothing really.... Gateway su<ks mad @ss ive worked with every manufacturor and dell is by far the best.... and most efficient.. whats generic?

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1002
Mac does not suck, Mac has one of the most stable and under friendly OS there is. And How does gateway suck? Gateway's laptops are rated #1 more reliable. This makes me think you have not worked with every manufacturer there is and you are just trying to sell a sh1t product by saying stuff that you have no clue about. Dell is what noobs go to first. I have worked with several Dells, and replaced many parts in both their desktops and laptops. Their HDDs are so light compared to a barracuda.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 7112
STABLE OS YES... BECAUSE IT DOESNT HAVE TO DEAL WITH VIRUS SINCE THEY DONT MAKE VIRUS FOR THAT OS... AND IT HAS LIMITED SOFTWARE SO YOU CAN BARELY DO SOMETHING...

WANT TO KNOW A GOOD LAPTOP??? HOW ABOUT A ALIENWARE JEJEJEJ AND WANT TO TALK ABOUT LIGHTWEIGHT... HOW ABOUT SONY VAIO...

KILLA ILL SELL YOU MY RIMS GIVE ME THE LAPTOP PLUS CASH JEJE

Gold Member

Post Number: 3798
lol i need money.. sony still sucks but is light... alienware is ok but very over priced.. i like dell lol ;)

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1004
Agree to disagree Killa :D. Lil rob, mac has tons of software actually, it's even better if you do alot of photo/movie editing.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5627
Dell computers are complete garbage.Gateway is trash as well,I've owned computers from both companies and they make junk.

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1006
Rob, Gateway's laptops are not trash at all. They are right there at the top most reliable. I've never been a big fan of their desktops though, better off building my own.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 679
I don't know about that whole mac being the best statement. I agree dell prob isn't incredible, but it's really the only system I've ever worked with, besides ACER and there is no comparison. But regardless, I've never had any problems with my Dell Laptop

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6582
Before you give opinions on Macs, do own one first.
I'd could say that Macs are at the top, if not close. Gateways are not as good as you may think, same with Dells.
There was an article on the actual components inside Dells and others. It was determined that Dells used lower quality parts to make cheaper products. If you need more details, google it.

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 682
I don't want to own one, I've played around on friends', I like my inspiron

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6583
Thieves, have you tried MacPro with 8Core processor? It runs Windows Vista/XP faster than most computers out there. I've configured my machine with OS X Leapord on one drive, and Vista/XP on the other. Vista needs 2GB of Ram and multi core processor to run at a reasonable speed. No wonder why anyone with a "normal" computer is complaining about slow speed. That must be one of the worst OS Microsoft has ever made for live production. They should be giving it away for free instead of charging $200 - $250.
I'm now starting to experiment with SCO Unix. Did you know that Sun's giving away their OS for free? If you want their "delux" package, you can buy the media kit for $30. That includes 8 DVDs!
I hate Microsoft.
FYI, Macs graphical windows run under Unix. That's what's under the screen. I know most people associate Unix with text based screens.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5628
"Rob, Gateway's laptops are not trash at all. They are right there at the top most reliable. I've never been a big fan of their desktops though, better off building my own."

I disagree with you Nick lol.My work used to have all gateway laptops and they all sucked.It's not the actual hardware that's the problem it's the things they do when configuring the computer.I loved the lock out software that my one gateway computer had on the hard drive that didn't allow me to format the drive.

"actually dell is the best manufactured PC u can get.. sorry"

Are you on f ucking crack?Seriously...you must be to think that.Have you ever heard of Northwest Falcon?Perhaps Monarch?

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 631
forget about dell, hp, gateway, alienware, and all of that bs
http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/15/asus-intros-vx2-lamborghini-laptop/
ha

Gold Member

Post Number: 3802
well, for the people knocking on dell... let me point out the few things ive learned from exp.

Im 20 now and started playing with computers at 12.. started with floppy disk operated system.. no hard drive 386 ibm and worked my way up, ive tryed every manufacturer and new models of each threw time and they are mostly the high end models that are made, i work in the computer bussiness downtown for electronic trading and out of everything used that comes prebuilt Dell is the best that there is now, there support is awesome, they will replace pretty much anything without a problem... my first expierience with dell when they first came out wasnt to good but over the years they have gotten alot better and seem to be the best that i have seen latly; one thing that is even better about them is they sell "refurbished" for realy cheap and offer the same support you can get with a brand new custom built pc from them, with refurbished the price is atleast 30% off and alot of them are not even used, if a order is canceled after somthing was prebuilt and never shipped they sell it as if it was used.. but everyone has there own opinion i guess.... As for the Macs.... i know they are very stable and all but the thing with them is that so many things are not compatible with it and that will continue to be a problem for alot of peoples uses but if its used for things it supports... go for it

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 378
dell is g@y,im on one right now,but next computer i get is not gonna be a dell,walmarts hp's are better than dells.dells stay slow.and dells support sucks,the support people are from overseas.1 cant understand them 2 they dont know what there talkin about u have to listen to them say hold 2 look somethang up,they read it off a document just like reading it off a piece off paper..3 i got the the full warranty with mine that was supposed to cover eveythang including cosmetic damage ,and it got a scratch in the screen,a big one.and they said u have the basic warranty(cheap) and it doesnt cover cosmetic damage,i said hold up i purchased the full warranty,and they said nope by what this computer says,u have the basic warrany,and said hope you have a good day click,there support is dumb,on my other computer i had to reinstall windows by doing a partition over 30 times,cuz they kept putting me threw steps and saying reinstall windows,the keyboard nore mouse would work 90% of the time,for the mouse and keyboard they kept telling me unplug the mouse or keyboard and plug it back in,they never figured it was the harddrive till i demanded to talk to the manager,and he even argued with me till i told him send a technician or i send the computer back,and no more moneu for u cuz its on payments,they even tried telling the computer technician he was wrong about it being the harddrive.it took me well over a year to get the technician out to my house

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 684
honestly, what large manufacturing company do you know of, doesn't have their customer support based out of some third world country?

that's a weak argument.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us