RandomTopic Car Underglow Laws

Bronze Member
Username: Audiosaab

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 42
anyone know if Maryland has any laws against underglow? i know blue and red are reserved for emergency vehicles so i was thinking white or green but id like to know if i can drive with them or if they r illegal...

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3788
i was wondering about the same in ill... once i get rims i want white underglow for the cadi...

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 998
In LA, i keep mine on all the time. I got the inferno kit from oznium and i ride with them on demo mode (goes through all the colors/designs). I never got really any trouble. But for allot of cities, you can just keep them on on private property, and turn them off on the road. Shouldn't get any trouble then. Or if you want to leave them on on the road, just turn them off when you see a cop. In some other cities, you can have any color you want, just as long as you cannot see the bulb of the light source.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6867
i know for a fact they are illegal in VA....MD im not so sure about

i tried to google it and found that it says it is illegal but it wasnt really official looking so i dont know....might wanna call up your DMV

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3751
In, IL neon in general on a vehicle is illegal, even the license plate frames! This is one of the reasons they came out with LED under kits but I dont know the IL laws on them...Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3724
RICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 45
haha the funny part is im not a ricer im strait caucasian...actually im polish irish german and austrian...and im looking for neons on my saab, a car which ive already bumped from a stock 180hp to around 270-280 so unlike the "rice" in my area im no Honda driver who gets a body kit and some neons :-) and if anyone finds out the laws please please message me because im mostly looking to get a white underglow

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 46
also yanks, i contacted the MVA so well see when it comes back around, should be within the next few days tho

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 47
LOL so i got the email back.... this is the bullshit they sent:

Dear MVA Customer,

Thank you for your recent e-mail inquiry. The answer to your question
is as
follows.

The following information was copied from the Maryland Vehicle Law.

22-209. Color of clearance lamps, identification lamps, side marker
lamps, backup lamps, and reflectors.

(a) Front lamps.- Front clearance lamps, identification lamps, and
those
marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the front or on the side near
the
front of a vehicle shall display or reflect an amber color.

(b) Rear lamps.- Rear clearance lamps, identification lamps, and
those
marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the rear or on the sides near
the
rear of a vehicle shall display or reflect a red color.

sooo uhhh what in the f(u)ck does that mean....lol

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3752
S
H
I
T

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10951
Chances are they're legal for "show" use only. Says so on most neon kits.

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 50
oh well i might just get em anyways, i know not to use them during highway driving but possibly my residential will be alright...

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3043
I say if you get the amper color and claim them as Identifacation and side marker lamps they cant bust you. They may harrass you, but I dont think they can give a ticket, cause there is no law as of yet on it according to them.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 526
"In, IL neon in general on a vehicle is illegal, even the license plate frames! This is one of the reasons they came out with LED under kits but I dont know the IL laws on them...Polo."

polo they didnt start to make them out of leds because they are illegal they started to make them out of leds becuase they are stronger and can with stand more pressure neon tubes are each to break and that crap was running p[eople up in replcaing them

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Money man, blowin

Post Number: 3039
most people get away with it anyways, it's not really an issue... i wouldn't recommend getting red or blue though because thats cop colors... they might be tougher on those

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1697
http://www.policeposers.com/laws.php

this might help in color selectio

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 53
lol thanks ne ways killerz but what sucks about that website is the fact that they have "n/a" for all maryland colors lol i guess noone, not even the mva knows what is illegal for me...:-(

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 687
I had red L.E.D.'s and i live in IL.. and i still got a ticket. All types of lighting besides those put on the car from the manufacturer are illegal in IL, or that's what the cop told me anyway.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6596
It's illegal just about everywhere. I don't ever recall a city/states/country that allows it.
If you ever had it on and someone got into an accident while watching your lights, you'll get sued. It sounds like bs, but the lawyers will argue that the driver was distracted by your lights.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6893
nags head north carolina it is legal....

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6600
Yanks, how the yankees now? Will they compete for the ring next year? I hear people are leaving cause of the manager.
Here's a thought. The Joe left cause he got offered $5mil plus incentives to make almost $8-$9mil. It was considered an insult since it was a pay cut. Well he signed a new contract with LA for slightly higher than $4mil/season. If the less money was an insult, why did he sign for much less else where? I thought he was going to hold out till someone offered $7-$9mil/season.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us