OT: Eagles - Long Road Out Of Eden

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3055
Attention M.S. and anyone else here who appreciates great songwriting. I uploaded the entire new Eagles - Long Road Out Of Eden double cd to sendspace if you don't have it yet.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t7zyaz

This cd is unbelievably great and the Eagles show everyone who the real songwriters are once again. They had so many great songs that they had to make a double cd and there is no filler here at all. Regardless of what musical style you like (I am partial to extreme metal), you have to admit that this cd is excellent and just kills 95% of what is out there today.

My review of select songs:

Fast Company: Here the Eagles show that they can even do a vintage feel R&B song better than almost anyone. This song grooves hard and sounds incredible on my subs in my car and at home. Phenomenal production here with punchy and clean bass and crisp highs and textures, this is a test track if there ever was one. The stereo spread and cues are amazing. Don Henley proves once again that he is one of America's premier vocalists with a truly great performance.

Waiting In The Weeds: This song will be a staple on FM and Satellite radio for months. Haunting vocals and lyrics by Henley. This is the one that Eagles fans have been waiting for... and probably even better than they had hoped for. A truly awesome song.

No More Walks In The Wood: The Eagles are one of the best harmony vocal bands of the last 30 years and they prove it here in spades. Sheer greatness.

Frail Grasp On The Big Picture: The token Henley political cut... another punchy song with great lyrics that make you think, and strong musicianship. Similar to many of the Henley solo cd's.

Last Good Time In Town: Yet another test track with punchy drums and killer production. Joe Walsh sings on this one and it is one of his most well-written songs in years. Awesome textures and stereo spread.

Center Of The Universe: Another Henley track with great harmonies and lyrics. This one will probably also be a hit on adult contemporary radio. Any songwriters out there will appreciate this one...

It's Your World Now: Written and sung by Glenn Frey, this song is probably his best track in a long time. It features a calypso/waltz feel with great vocals, and I am not even a fan of Frey vocals. Similar to a modernized Jimmy Buffet ballad complete with latin trumpets.

How Long: A J.D. Souther (longtime Eagles writer) song with alternating Frey/Henley vocals, and pretty much the only song on this cd that resembles the Eagles past works. Great harmonies but this song doesn't do much for me.

Busy Being Fabulous: Yet another great Don Henley song, written by Henley and Frey. Old school vocals, similar to Boys Of Summer era Henley.

This cd was ripped by someone that knew what they were doing. It is a variable bit-rate between 192-256k and anyone that doubts how truly great an MP3 can sound... check this one out.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10933
Downloading now.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5432
thanks man i ALMOST got this at walmart for 10$ last night but i knew i could get it online soon.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3708
Brad Warren FTMFW! Now I can listen to this before I buy it........

I will probably still buy the CD, cause the Eagles are one of the few bands where I have to have the CD quality versions of their stuff

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3062
SendSpace usually is very fast (600k+) but if for some reason it is slow when you get there... here is the original torrent that has tons of seeders: (Hit "update tracker" to find the best one)

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Eagles-Long-Road-Out-Of-Eden-2007/4032e4baea953e4387 51a49ce393c75bff0d649817cd

And M.S. I am VERY critical of recording quality and listen through a reference system here on my computer... this rip is extremely punchy and crisp. Like I said, whoever ripped it did a great job. I trust that once you hear it you will agree.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5436
yeah brad only 60kbps for me normally in the 4-500range IIRC, im 75% so its not worth switching to the torrent

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2126
Great review Brad, can't wait to hear the album!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3713
Listening to it now

Favorite so far: Busy Being Fabulous

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2558
this is the aftermath of afternoons in the cloverland
« Previous Thread Next Thread »