Aftermarket sound without changing HU

Bronze Member
Username: Iwrk4satan

Post Number: 61
I am looking to get a new 2008 Honda Accord coupe in the next couple of months. I like the way the inside dash looks as is, with the GPS and all, so I'm thinking about not replacing the HU. I was wondering what direction you guys think I should go. The car comes with "premium audio" which is 7 speakers and a subwoofer, but I'm pretty sure I know what that means -- sounds good to someone that's not really that into music...

I'm wondering if I really need to buy something like the JL cleansweep (or anything else that anyone can recommend?) or if I could just do the job with a Line Out Converter. I already have most of the other equipment:

12" v3d4 IDMAX in a 2.5 cuft ported box
JL 500/1
JL 300/4

but I'm leaving my old component speakers in my old car. Another question is, is it very important that I get new componenets (I was looking at some CDTs, maybe the HD62?). I'm assuming I won't be able to run the stock speakers amped, and even if I did there's no way they'd keep up with the power.

So basically any feedback from anyone that's run a nice system without an aftermarket HU would be great. What I should focus on and what I can live with out?

Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Harrisburg star city, Pistolvania USA

Post Number: 78
get infinity kappa perfects for comps these are the sexiest sounding comps ive heard so far

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4501
buy my HU eclipse cd8445 for 170 shipped!!!
or upgrade with my eq for 40 shipped

Username: Patrick80

Post Number: 5
dave you idiot.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4504
=P

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3697
" get infinity kappa perfects for comps these are the sexiest sounding comps ive heard so far "

Wow, you obviously never heard a high end set of components.

CDT HD62 and that JL amp would be great

Bronze Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Harrisburg star city, Pistolvania USA

Post Number: 87
I was being sarcastic

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3703
Umm really cause you just posed this thead

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/401681.html

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4022
drivin.. i would have bought that h/u from you if i had known it was for sale.. bought some already tho :-(

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Money man, blowin

Post Number: 3026
stop worshipping the devil

Bronze Member
Username: Iwrk4satan

Post Number: 62
My original post was asking about the JL cleansweep and whether I really need it, or if I could just run my system with a Line Output Converter...

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3778
LOC sucks id rather mount a second HU under the dash then continue using the LOC\Stock HU....

New cars need to start coming with RCA-Preouts on the stock HU's.....and stop integrating the whole car into it... >.<

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3721
Yep LOCs suck. If you have to use the stock HU the cleansweep would be the way to go. But a new HU would really be best.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us