Smoked out

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 517
alright i just tried to install my new amp ealier before work but when i turned on the car i heard a poping noise so i checked my inline fues it was blown so i just went and got a new holder and everything well then installed well went to the back and smelt something burning it was the new amp could it be blown

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4015
sounds like it :-(

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4016
btw, i had a similar issue with one of my old setup.. one of the mounting screws to the amp went into a wire grounding the amp out.. blew two amps before i knew what was wrong

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 519
i opened the amp up and theres no burnt borads r anything just a bad smell and should the fuses have protected it from fring in the first place ???

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 520
if its blown can i sned it back to get it replaced i didnt even get to adjust anything just connected power ground and rem turned the switch over to turn and pop there it went

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5422
just wondering, but if it blew once and you didnt change anything in your set up why would you hook it up again before finding the problem.

and if the amp smells like burnt the fuses in it may be blown or something in the amp. depending on where you bought it and what amp it is you can send it back to be fixed.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1719
Man you gotta check that stuff. It sounds blown

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2865
Me to
PUFF PUFF PASS

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2112
smoked out snorted out drunken and i'm blown.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 521
matt the inline fuse belw so i just shut it off went to the store and bought my new fuse holder and fuse went back instaled everything and then hooked up i didnt think there was any problems with the amp

and sending it back well thats going to be hard since someone in my house threw out the screws i need to screw the bottom plate back on but if i could rescrew that i am sure the place would replace it for me

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4512
at first i thought this thread was about merking someone, thats what i would do, put you on my block and see what you would do.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5427
still should have looked into the problem, there has to be a reason why the fuse blew to begin with. so putting a new amp in might just create the same problem unless you fixed something else

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 522
i was tring to pull to much power from a fuse being to small tring to draw 54 amps x 2 from a 60 amp fuse problem one problem 2 is that i think becuz of me leaveing the DMM in the speaker teminals sent a charge through the amp

driving reckless wtf are you talking about

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 369
smoked out,dranked out,im out

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 990
"smoked out snorted out drunken and i'm blown."
That was my first thought, too.

"PUFF PUFF PASS"
..."me the oxygen, envision Sunday, blue skies on the continent"
..."make it last long, PUFF PUFF PASS make it last long".
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us