Hmm what should i do...Saab HELP please....

Username: Audiosaab

Post Number: 4
hey,
i got my system installed around 2 years ago in my 96 saab 900se turbocharged and was wondering what the "best buy team" did.. the saab i own comes with a stock amp behind the dash and when i got my new headunit installed i dont belive they reconnected the amp to the unit because neither of my door speakers recieve any base what so ever.. what should i do about this my head unit is a pioneerDEH series which is now discontinued i believe. is there a way i can hook it up again because having two alpine type R 6x9's pumping no base in the doors is pointless haha

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 690
assuming that u are refering to a stock amp then no. most of the time the stock amp will send a bad signal or not even output sound. the simple way out cause those type - rs arent bass houds by far. as i said best thing adjust the bass boost, turn off high pass filters, and if all else failes up the sla level. i have a few deh models and love thier bass response. so unless u have subwoofers then do everything i said above and ur bass will be back. lastly i have type - s 6x9s and thisr horrible for bass. like prob what best buy team did was turn on high pass so ur - rs won't distort. ether way try turning off the high pass filter if it's on it will show a number like 80, 120, 220. what ever it's set to when u see that keep lowering it till it's off.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us