Help with my Sub Setup PLEASE!!!

Username: Audiosaab

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, i'm here to ask a quick question for whoever is willing to help...Im currently selling my current subwoofers and purchasing a sealed fiberglass enclosure from tccustomsaudio.com to hold 2 12" Alpine Type R Subwoofers. I was wondering what type of amp i should use to pump these subwoofers to full capacity without them blowing out, what capacitor would be good to get if im looking to buy one, and if anyone has used tccustomsaudio.com before and if they r trustworthy....also should i get a ported box? or sealed.... please help, any would be appreciated thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3674
Ported box. If you tune it right it will sound as good as a sealed and be louder.

No capacitor, they don't help.

Haven't used that site.

Amp, you will need a 1000 watt RMS amp, make a thread in the amp section if you need to know which ones are good.

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 820
dual 2 or dual 4?? and what are you looking to spend?

Post Number: 6
wouldent the capcitor help with the lighting problem where everything dims, i already understand how it dosent really save battery power but im looking to fix the dim that i currently have with lesser subwoofers..would dual 2 or dual 4 hit harder? im thinking dual 4 right now and M.S thanks for the 1000RMS reccomendation....is there any site you know of to get a ported or vented fiberglass box?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5612
There are lots of people that build custom boxes with fiberglass but they will cost you a good buck.Contact BJ Fisher of Fisher Customs(Google his name) or you can try Woodlawn Cabinetry,you can make a thread about the box and someone will probably help you out.

Post Number: 10
yeah the current price im spending for the fiberglass box (finished) is $300 off this tccustoms.com site it holds 2 12" subs but im not sure whether or not to trust the site... and thanks for the advice

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 206
dual 2 or dual 4 referred to impedence of the subs. josh was trying to help u out with an amp. if u havent bought the subs yet, then u will need to decide, as alpine makes either config.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
dual 4 and their already purchased, my friend works at best buys so hes got them already for me... there is always returns though if they are not what im looking for for a good amount of base

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 207
d4s so you need an amp that run 1000wrms at 1 ohm.

budget for amp?

and try fishercustoms for the box. He will give u a straight up shipped price and is recommended by everyone here

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
alright thanks man, i just emailed him so well see what he says about it... so i can run both type R 4ohm subwoofers off of a single amplifier? and i dont have a real budget for an amp so any suggestions r fine :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
anyone else got ne help for me on this whole setup i got going?

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 624
amp http://www.sundownaudio.com/
sae1000d

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6573
You can run 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 subs off of one amp as long as you meet the ohm requirement.
Look at MTX/Xtant/RF/Kicker/PPI/Orion class D amps.
If you're wanting to install a cap, use 1F for every 1000w of peak power.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3680
The lights usually will dim a little when the bass hits. But if your voltage is dropping, the only way to fix that is an HO alternator. And before you ask, no a battery will not fix it either.

HO alt if you getting voltage drop. No 2 ways about it.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6844
http://www.glasswolf.net/caraudio/charging.html

http://www.glasswolf.net/caraudio/capacitors.html

good reads about charging systems/caps....shold clear some stuff up
i second the sundown 1000d....also second what isaac said

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3682
^^^^^^ That's real good info

And those amp brands are all good except MTX.

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 309
i have a JBL BP 1200.1 that i was gonna give to a friend but it does a rated 1200rms at 1 ohm and i heard the amps are underated. just if your interested. i'll give you a good price.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
thanks guys you guys are helpin this along very nicly :-) btw are soundstream subwoofers any good? also if i was to get a capacitor is "power acousik" crappy?

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 22
oh and to top that<---sorry for all the questions lol trying to figure this out...does anyone know where to get the Pioneer DEH-960MP Decks? cause im looking to purchase one but cant find the premier series anywhere...

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 822
i used to have 2 d4 type r's... massive p1000 worked great for me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us