MB Quart SQ Subs/Box Building

Bronze Member
Username: Tblazer74

South Salem, NY USA

Post Number: 58
I'm in the market for an SQ or SQL sub(s) and I was wondering if anyone likes/dislikes these for what reasons or has alternate suggestions in a similar (preferably lower price range) I was thinking about this one:
http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3877
or this one: http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3416
Again, my amp is a RF p-550-2, so I was wondering if the Premium one would be a waste since my amp can't power it (even though I've heard it's underrated). Also, for boxes, I've heard good things about BJ @ Fishercustoms... any other suggestions for quality box builders? I'm sort of on a budget here so cheaper, quality builds would help. Thanks for the input.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6836
i see your in NY....phil salisbury here is in PA and builds great boxes. mitw have him build you one and pick it up assuming your in the southern part of NY and not in the north. great guy, great boxes, great prices.

BJ also does good work from what ive seen

Bronze Member

South Salem, NY USA

Post Number: 59
Yanks, I appreciate it, hopefully he sees this post and writes, if not, I'll PM him. Do you know what part of PA and what he charges for something like a 1.5 carpeted?
Bump for anyone else who has box suggestions or reviews/suggestions about the subs.

Bronze Member

South Salem, NY USA

Post Number: 60
Anyone here f*ck with the MB Quart reference or premium series?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6880
im not too familiar with his prices so im not sure. but im sure it will be a good price. i believe he is in eastern PA....but again, im not positive.
i would go send him an email or PM him on here

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 374
What's up fellas???

John Z, I'm located Willow Grove, about 10 miles north of Philly.

Based on the subwoofer your looking at getting a 1.5 cu.ft. sealed, your looking at around $ 90.00 with carpet- charcoal grey or black and terminal cup plus shipping.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6884
theres the man of the hour lol

Bronze Member

South Salem, NY USA

Post Number: 62
Yanks and Phil, thank you much. Phil we will be in touch. But now I'm second guessing my sub choice... any input? Also, Phil, do you think you could meet me somewhere in between you and I? I live in westchester and if not, just throw me a quote for the shipping.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us