Can the amp handle.... the subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Jjproductions

Post Number: 22
Okay so heres my amp... (http://www.lanzar.com/itempage.asp?MODEL=VIBE286).

Heres the subs Im thinking of getting...
(http://www1.shopping.com/xPO-Audiobahn-AW1008X).
Actually, two of them.

Anyways, the subs claim to put a 2-ohm load on the amp. Will this kill my amp? The amp says 2-ohm stero stable and Im hoping that means that the sub throwing 2 ohms to it wont hurt anything? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3661
That amp is crap and won't do anywhere near that amount of power. And so are audioburn subs...... their SQ is crap.

Post your budget and people will point you to some good stuff..........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
First, the amp handles 2x1000wrms.
Second, you can't justly say all audiobahn subs are crap. I read some reviews and a friend has one similar to that and Ive heard it and it sounds amazing.
Third, I didn't ask what subs/amp I should buy. I asked if those subs would kill the amp.

Not trying to be mean but reading the question does help.

If you absolutely have to know a budget, I'd say bout... $250-450 but I need two of whatever I get. So I guess bout $100-$300 ea.

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 144.9 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 289
that amp is not 2ohm mono stable

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1721
Whether you asked or not, you'd be smart to listen to M.S. He knows what he is talking about, and you WILL be wasting your money on that stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 144.9 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 290
m s is right to the bahns are loud but not very good on sq i have installed those before

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6855
First, just cause the amp says it does 1000wrms, doesnt mean it will
Second, MS is right about those subs
Third, knock yourself and buy them then if you think they are God.
Fourth, i was gonna give you suggestions but then i remembered that audiobahn > all. so nevermind....

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1822
to answer your question those subs would work on that amp. wire them to 4ohms each put one to each channel and you will get 1000rms (supposedly) to each sub

i helped my friend instal that exact amp. it sucks. do not buy it. it looks cool thats about it. he had 2 aw1206t's running on it. The audiobahns sounded like complete sh!t. got sorta loud and sounded horrible.

now he threw away the audiobahns and replaced them with Audioque SD2.5's and is running them on that amp. the audioques get about 2 times louder and sound much much better then the audiobahns.

the Audioque SD2.5's are rated at 500rms each and he has the amp bridged at 4ohms so supposedly its putting out 4000watts and 2000rms. there is no way that amp is putting out 2000rms. mabey 1400rms which is 700per sub if that.

I no this because i also had audioque sd2.5's an i was running them on a Earthquake PH2000W/D1.1 which puts out 1000rms so 500rms per sub.

So in conclusion:
-The amp puts out no where near rated power
-Lesser power subs get louder and sound wayyy beter

unless you want to waste money do not buy that amp or those subs. there is way better equitment out there.

------------------------
Example:

Each of those audiobahn cost 187$
Each audioque sd2.5 cost 140$

That amp you showed above costs 335$
Heres a decent amp that will power those audioque perfectly 240$

http://www.audioque.com/aq/order.htm
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4199&C FID=6661080&CFTOKEN=e46b7ee087c6f00f-1C30FE91-1422-7C6E-501CE39C42C0223C

in what i showed above you save money. you get a system that is jsut as loud if not louder. you get a system of better quality. you get a system that sounds better

this is jsut an example...when people like m.s offer their help telling you not to get that setup you dont need to yell at them. you should take their advise becuase believe it or not they do know what they are talking about.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2382
that amp sucks for a 4000 watt amp but it should power a pair of subs with at least 500 watts apiece. thats all the power you will really see from that amp. since you already own it, though, keep it. (for now)

"and a friend has one similar to that and Ive heard it and it sounds amazing."

no audioburn subwoofer sounds amazing. ive got experience with lots and lots and lots and lots of subwoofers and i wouldnt even buy audiobahn if i was on a budget.

there are eight 15" Fi Qs on CA.com for like 225 apiece. i would do one or two of those. or even the sd2.5s that were mentioned above.

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2383
but yeah, the audioburns wont blow up your four thousand watt amp if you have to buy them...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3700
Looks like everyone else pretty much covered this, lol

Audioburn subs = bad SQ

That amp = way overrated and not bad quality also

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 385
i agree with snarl and m.s. the audiobahn i own didnt nearly cut it for sq. and it got decently loud but all in all i think it has a rly poor build and its more about looks then quality.. once i realized they suck i went for a Q and even though i havent gotten the chance to hook it up yet, after all the things ive heard about them i know i made the right decision. so like what they said you can do much better for the same or lesser price..

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2384
the deal with the amp is usually when your talking the quality of sound the amp is not exactly the issue. its almost ALWAYS the sub or speakers that need a little help.

audiourn subs = teh horrible sq/build quality/everything...

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 362
audiobahns= loud,but no sq,there meant for spl tho,all audiobahns stuff is spl i believe

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2058
"Second, you can't justly say all audiobahn subs are crap. I read some reviews and a friend has one similar to that and Ive heard it and it sounds amazing."

wait till you hear a real sub. you just might jizz ur pants.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10931
So true.

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 364
lol yeah u aint kidin,i hate them,one of my friends got a set and u kick them half there power and idk whent hey hit they sound like they blown,and its there high line of subs,there eternals series

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2059
paul how did u get some many fu-cking posts? i know u dabble in the home audio forum but almost 11xxx?

post whore at its finest. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
God it took like 12 posts until someone actually answered the question. Cheers.

Im not too worried about the amp. I dont really need 2000wrms for my lil truck anyways... Id be perfectly happy with 1000wrms to tell the truth. I had the chance to get the amp for 80 bucks so I took it.

Glad I dont have to worry bout the amp. Maybe I'll look into the 15's, but dont know what the depth is on those. I need something < 7" Deep.

Suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1829
15" what...?

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 381
I love when people say can an AMP handle these subs lol. Sorry just weird that no one commented on that statement yet.

Anyway. Go with snarl2004's idea of 2 SD2.5's you'll be much happier.

The only way a sub effects an amp is the ohm load it places on it. If the total load is under the amps stability point it will over heat. But subs can always be put in seriers and solve that problem. So rarely will subs hurt an amp unless an inexperienced person installs it, Just won't be as loud.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us