KONAKI

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2857
I called Konaki today to ask questions about the sub below.

http://konaki.com/12.html

These people are dumb they don't know sh!t about there product.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3783
http://cgi.ebay.com/Konaki-subwoofer-15_W0QQitemZ330184303581QQihZ014QQcategoryZ 18804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem there cheap as h3ll on ebay, under $200 shipped, anyone ever tested these yet.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2150
There was a couple of big threads about this company on CA a couple of weeks ago. A couple of people were testing them because some of the parts are very similar to some DD subs. The Fs is high, around 48 I believe. And the spiders didnt hold up well. I never did get back and check to see if people were getting DD recones on them......

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4003
the motors are suppose to be very similar.. if all else failed you could recone the sub with better softparts but in the end you might as well have bought a sub that was already good to begin with

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5595
If you want to buy wanna-be DD subs go with Audioque.

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3789
ya but if you get the sub off ebay for $200 then get a DD recone(not sure what they cost) lets say $100 you pretty much have a DD 9500 for $300. and 9500 go for a lot more than that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5596
"I called Konaki today to ask questions about the sub below.

http://konaki.com/12.html

These people are dumb they don't know sh!t about there product."

With the prices they have do you really think they can afford to pay intelligent people to work for them?I don't think so.Why do you even expect customer service from them period?I'm surprised that they even have a number that you can bother them at.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5597
"ya but if you get the sub off ebay for $200 then get a DD recone(not sure what they cost) lets say $100 you pretty much have a DD 9500 for $300. and 9500 go for a lot more than that."

Are the motors identical?Will DD even sell recone kits as a DIY because people are buying Konaki?If I were DD I wouldn't sell recones anymore unless the motor is shipped there for the reconing process with all the people out there trying to make a cheap-a ss DD.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4004
like most companies out there, they want their money so the odds of DD to stop selling recone kits are not good.. thats just more money in their pocket and less work for them to do if its a DIY kit.. if anything they might actually raise the price if they knew what it was being used for :P

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5441
From what I have seen, its just another sub that uses the same basket.

The motors weight is different, slop on the top-plate is different, different softparts, glue, and a few other things.

Its prolly a decent motor, but no 9500. Just think about it, how many people have you seen say stuff like "Oh..the Q looks like a Mag, they must be a copy"...or "That sub looks like an SX, it must perform the same".

Looking the same and performing the same are 2 TOTALLY different things.

BTW, seems that is took FOREVER for those Konaki subs to hit the forums. I saw them advertised in 12volt News along time ago.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5442
Oh...and those Konaki motors don't have cooling like 9500's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4005
someone on the forum should test one.. hmm marshall you'd be a good candidate since you could stack it up next to your 9500 :P

Gold Member

Post Number: 5443
Konaki also has other products that look like other brands:

Power Base (AKA...stock heat-sinks)
http://konaki.com/tld.html

Volfenhag (lol)
http://konaki.com/sl.html

Power Acoustik (lol), JVC, Pioneer
http://konaki.com/dvds.html

And their coax's look familiar too.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Money man, blowin

Post Number: 3007
they have some great looking HUs too

Gold Member

Post Number: 5444
If someone wants to send me one...hell, I'll pay shipping :-)

I dont have the 95 though...35's now.
I have 2 20.1's I can put it though its paces w/ though. I also still have my old 9515 spl boxes.

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3791
"Are the motors identical?Will DD even sell recone kits as a DIY because people are buying Konaki?If I were DD I wouldn't sell recones anymore unless the motor is shipped there for the reconing process with all the people out there trying to make a cheap-a ss DD"

did i say they had the exact same motors as DD, NO, granted there no DD motor but if they perform like a DD 95 just the soft parts don't hold up why not get a DD recone. seems like a smart thing to me, espically at half the price.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2858
Can you buy DD3500 12" recone or DD9500 12" recone?

If so how much?

Anybody?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 7107
u cant buy recones anymore without having proof that you own a dd 9500 now... so even if you buy it it will be hard for you...

why even bother getting those pieces of shyt...

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2378
lol at the fake pioneer!

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2151
Here they talk about the DD recones and it looks like a no go....

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266702&highlight=Konaki

Here is the original thread, that started it all.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263103&highlight=Konaki

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3662
Those subs are NOT similar to DD. And if you buy a sub with an fs of 48 you got some problems

Gold Member

Post Number: 2860
http://www.7elephants.com/product.jhtm?id=299&cid=

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2489
dd requires serial number of ur sub in order to order recone now. which sucks assssssssssss because no1 knows their serial numbers lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5599
"like most companies out there, they want their money so the odds of DD to stop selling recone kits are not good.. thats just more money in their pocket and less work for them to do if its a DIY kit.. if anything they might actually raise the price if they knew what it was being used for :P"

"granted there no DD motor but if they perform like a DD 95 just the soft parts don't hold up why not get a DD recone. seems like a smart thing to me, espically at half the price."

"u cant buy recones anymore without having proof that you own a dd 9500 now... so even if you buy it it will be hard for you... "

"dd requires serial number of ur sub in order to order recone now. which sucks assssssssssss because no1 knows their serial numbers lol"

Just like I said, jacka sses.You guys got owned! It's a good thing DD did that,no more douche bags thinking they can have a POS Konaki motor with DD soft parts.

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 144.9 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 274
i got a 15" from ebay that is the sub i have been playing with it's actually a pretty strong sub, we have it up to 145.8db on 1500w , it hits pretty hard i would not compare it to a dd tho

Gold Member

Post Number: 5601
Throw some more power at it Scott.

Silver Member

Post Number: 275
my 300a alt will be here hopefully friday i did turn the gain up to 2600w but not enough juice yet i'll let you know

Gold Member

Post Number: 4010
we need VIDS :-)

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2764
there waas a guy on ca.com that has dd softparts and was willing to recone the kon motor t any size with dd parts. but it would have ended up costing 300-400 bux. it would be a good del if you could get a recone for it. dd or any other kind. =\ i say if you can find a cheap azz spl sub why not? and the t/s perameters were similar to the95. and an fs of 48 wouldnt be bad for striclty spl. not sure howd they sound daily lmao.....good midbass? lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5603
"wouldnt be bad for striclty spl. not sure howd they sound daily lmao.....good midbass? lol"

Recone it to an 8'' driver while you're at it :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 276
will try for vid after alt is installed hopefully this weekend

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2765
theyd make perfect 8s lol. can you say two piece baffle? lol. but im sure it wouldnt work. =(. id buy konaki for 150 bux if one was offered to me though. fyi... id see how she did wih my 2 3250.1s =)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5607
It probably wouldn't handle one of your 3250.1s.

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2493
well u can buy them for a little over 150

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3673
These subs look like they would only be good for SPL and would probably blow easily. If anything, I'd say they might make a cheaper replacement for Kicker L7s in competition.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigbink

PhillyUsa

Post Number: 65
first off they are chineese made woofers I had a chance to use one on a jL1000/1 it dosent hold low bass notes with amp gain half up but at low volumes it does well I personally dont recomend they are aslo owned by 7elephants.com who also sell junk mp3 players.

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2496
7elephant is just a dealer of konaki bro. ive talked to both companies and they r just the online dealer. not owner

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3763
Digital Amplifier
Full Mosfet Power Supply
Class-d Circuitry
1-ohm Stable
Variable Low Pass: 47hz ~ 250hz
Subsonic Filter:24db @40hz
Frequency Response 47hz - 250hz
S/n Ratio 90db
T.h.d.:0.70%
Phase Control:00~1800
Input Level Control
Input Sensitivity: 150-250 Mv
Tri-guard Protection
1 Gauge Power/ground Connections
Platinum Rca Connectors & Terminals
Diamond Cut & Platinum Logo
Circuit Overload Protection
Bass Remote Control

look at freq response LMAO 47hz..

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3695
^^^^^^^ LMAO what amp is that

And the input sens: 250mv max ???????? WTF

Gold Member

Post Number: 2867
Konaki.com

TL Digital/Class D amps^^^^^^^^^^

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
new box this weekend 1 6cu ported and a 6th order
bandpass
my new alt. wont be here till monday so ups says
so tuesday i hould have results

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2529
what amp will be used for testing scott? and what kind of testing? will you be throwiong everything at it and testing limits or listening scores and spl levels?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7061
were going to put 2600 rms on it I think in the ported box ...right now its only spl testing in a spl box ...right now ive seen him score 146.3 db with it but thats without his 300 amp alternator ...(136 amp right now) on a optima yellow top

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1935
yo sean i might have u guys build me a box for my alpha .. i wanna see what u guys can do with it ...

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7062
arent you the one hitting 145 db in a daily box if so on how much power

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 950
I went on there sight, just to see how mcuh the PA looking amps run.. and i go to contact and it says

"ir order to purchase our products please contact us by emai, so we can provid you with your local dearlers and distributors information."

HA HA HA they talk like me when i first arrived on this sight...

When they say Mono Watts, they are talking about 1 ohm cause it says it is 1 ohm stable

KO-3637D
KO-3625D

They just say Mono to sound smart i guess lol

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2544
sight should read site. u still talk like sh!t

Bronze Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 87
Please don't take this as a smart axx remark because it is not intended as such. DD is not in the business of selling sub parts. They offer recones as a service to THEIR customers and recone kits are not a profit center.

One of our major problems in the developement of the HDC3 was the inability of the Chinese to perfect the spider/basket landing glue joint/attachment and the spider/former glue joint. They also had a serious problem with the spider design. We had to completly change those designs as well as the production methods used in the assembly.

It's not so much that the Chinese can't do it right; they can if you provide the designs and are willing to pay for it. The glue joints I mentioned are normally done by machine in China because it's the cheapest method but often results in an incomplete saturation of glue on the top and bottom of the spider. The HDC3 subs glue joints on the basket landing and spider/former are done by hand. We do not use the same number of spiders or the same spider materials or the same spider/former designs as the K sub.

Our Chinese builder told me he had never been told/educated to build it stronger; only how to build it cheaper.

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 769
nice to see you on here DJ. Are the new audioque products going on sale this week?

Bronze Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 88
As of last Wed they were at the LA port waiting to clear homeland security/customs. With any luck they should be in OKC by the end of the week. I am working on the web page now.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 772
awsome. so the site will be updated this week then?

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 773
oh yea, what do you think of these DJ...

Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us