18" BL?

Bronze Member
Username: Jt212

Post Number: 12
I know a little while ago i was looking at the 15 bl but now im looking at the 18" fi Bl and i was wondering how much power you could put into it when it is fully loaded? also was wondering what the universal opition was thaanks!

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6805
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7154
that will tell you about the different options

power wise, ive never used one but ive heard of people putting 2k on it daily no problems....but ill let other who have used it, clarify that

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13089
15 or 18 it would take the same amount of power...I give each of my bl's around 1400rms daily (fully loaded) but i wouldnt go over 1500rms daily.... You won't hear the difference with a "couple hundred" watts more power, it'd be hard to notice even on a sensor.

Universal: This option gives you the choice to later chance the impedence of your voice coils. You can change from dual 2's to dual 1's and vice versa by reconing them. If you do not choose this option your motor(s) will be optimized per the coil resistance that you have chosen. (Dual 2's will forever be a dual 2 motor, Dual 1 will forever be a Dual 1 motor).

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2374
i agree with chauncey. i have a pair as well.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3649
I'd say 1500w for a loaded BL.

2000w and you should be looking at the BTL

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 769
My brother gives gives his 12" BL a bxi2006d- so maybe 17/1800rms with out a sweat. It handles it with no problems at all. I had it running on a memphis 4kw for a little while, definitely not made for that daily :-) . 1500-2000 would be plenty

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2376
there isnt any point in risking it. you would be suprised how loud they get with just a few hundred watts...

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 770
And how much louder they get with more :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us