Argumentative essay on noise ordinance law

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2482
i need both sides. some ideas and any background of the law that is in ur state since i know different states have different noise pollution laws. essay is due tom. morning so please help asap :-)

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1813
the law is g@y

thats my side incase you couldnt tell

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2485
it needs to be formal essay. thanks anyway snarlizzle

Gold Member

Post Number: 1814
well heres my opinion

during daylight hours you should be allowed to play your bass or make noise. so from like say 7am to 7pm or so it should be alright to play loud music.

although if your just sitting around playing it like outside of a store or place of busniss thats not cool.

during night hours thyey should be a noise ordinance law. people are trying to sleep and they cant with loud music. personaly i dont care if people go bumping by my house at 2am in the morning i dont care but i can see how some ppl would

so ya thats my opinion...no law 7am-7pm and law enforcment 7pm-7am

catch my drift

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 456
in my state it is fine to run your stereo out in the country, hiways, freeways. They say if your noise travels more then 50ft then it can be noise ordanince(spell check). i think that in your essay u should also mention that i can be profiling considering all the people with 4 inch exhaust on the hondas, harley's, and big trucks that use glasspacks? glassbacks w/e

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6793
lets see
i am completely FOR a noise ordinance law
with that said i have these comments:
shold not be illegal to have loud music while driving in 45mph+ zones
no loud music after 9pm
no loud music before 9am
no loud music in residential/business areas
no loud music at stop signs/traffic/red lights

Gold Member

Post Number: 1815
i agress with everything yanks said but

"shold not be illegal to have loud music while driving in 45mph+ zones"

where i live theres only 1 road thats 45+ i think it should be not illegal if riding in 35+ zones

"no loud music at stop signs/traffic/red lights"

cmon you gotta have something to do at stoplights and stopsigns

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 383
my only debate about people complaining about subs is why dont they complain about the harleys with the straight pipes with no muffler on them... they can be heard from much farther than a sub...

other than that i go with what carl and yanks said.

set times..

Bronze Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 52
x2 yanks.

if your gonna cap how loud a stereo gets between 7pm-7am...you should have a cap of EVERYTHING that gets over that # of dbs. you cant just rule out bass. i got ricers goin down my street at 3am and it wakes me up every F)CKIN night..

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 510
ok loud music can be disturbing to some an ok to others but then you have to think everyone is different if you didnt want to be distrubered then move to the country or move you bedroom to your basement then you wont hear any of those noises again ok. so what i am sayin is with the city comes sounds either figure out how to live with it or figure away to live arround it or better yet just dont live there its that simple. and yanks i agree with most of what your saying except the no bumping at stop lights arround my house if i was to not do that you know how anyoing it would be for me to drive like 20 to 25 feet down the street crank it to hear some music and have to turn arround and turn it down in 5 secs i wouldnt want to drive it would make me so mad. an i can see why you would play no loud music at houses but why not business????? peopls coming and going all the time its not like your going to leave your car runing while you go in am i missing something

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 500
to those who think its too loud i say
DYNAMAT YOUR ENTIRE HOUSE and quit b!tchin

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3651
http://www.noiseoff.org/

I ran across this site once and found it quite amusing

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2486
its not me picking one side or another and its not what i think the law should be. its what is the law and how fair is it and why is it fair or not fair

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 656
its not fair, someone mentioned profiling. its like a cop that pulls over a classic muscle car or even a modern muscle car for speeding, that cop is more likely to use discretion than when he or she pulls over someone speeding in an SUV or 4 banger.

anyone with exhaust that is easily excessive should be fined just as anyone that has a system that may be excessive. some of these exhausts are just ridiculous! glasspacks are stupid and so are all the ricers, I have flows but don't have echo pipes, so all you hear is a low rumble not a loud farrting noise as I accelerate.

until cops start ticketing loud harleys, ricers, and bubba's truck, the noise ordinance directed at individuals with after market car audio is completely unfair.

and who ever mentioned it being a problem to turn it down when approaching a stop light or stop sign, d@mn you're lazy,does it really take that munch effort to turn the volume down slightly so as to not annoy someone for those few seconds out of your day?

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2487
good points

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 512
ok for the stop light ok where i live is by dixie high way if you know what that is or even where it is then you would know why i would say its ridicoulice to keep turning it down is because it gets anyoing theres aa stop light every quater mile why would i want to drive listen to 3 second of music it start beating real good and then in the middle turn it down to me thats stupid the point is that your living in a city now come on if you wanted piece and quite move to the country move into a cave or even at the top of the mountain the point is you wont find peace and quite so my point is they need to stop making laws tring to make it quite when its never going to happen.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3741
gotta bring up motorcycles.... they set off more car alarms then your average person with a system

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 768
at 60mph it would be 15 seconds of listening between lights, not 3 ;)
I can easily see where there should be laws in the evening. Parents own 100 acre farm in the middle of now where, but they can hear me coming from the middle of the property over 5 MINUTES before I get there. That makes me an azzhole to the small neighborhoods equally far off the road where the speed limit is 25mph.
Here where I am theres a law from 8pm-7am. And when the neighbors are up at 7 on the dot cutting the lawn it is irritating. Peoples music irritates me when I'm sleeping.

If I owned a shop and had someone pull up and knock things off the shelves I'd be pretty upset as well. Sure, during the middle of the day that's when people should be allowed to make work and play noise, but when it bothers peoples sleep, thats another story.
If someone wants to blast at a light normally its a young ignorant azzle. I always turn it down, but when I stop next to one of these retards it's fun to watch their windows go up as I drown them out.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 660
agreed, I know it annoys the hell out of people, so I always turn it down when at a light or stop sign, plus its advertising to blast your sh1t when everyone is stopped around you and has time to see what you look like, your license plate, and where you are going....but I haven't had a retard pull up next to me in a long time, so I haven't had that chance to embarrass them lately.....

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6811
i personally hate when people have their music turned up at a light....and i hate it when people get in a parking lot and are about to park and have their music blasting....but thats just me

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 201
Sound ordinance laws can be enforced on the entire population, the fact is MOST of the time ppl with upgraded audio are penalized more than others.

I know a guy with a loud exhaust and he has been pulled over 3 times and ticketed once in the last year.

Laws are in place because (unlike most here) some ppl lack common sense.

Its just like an other law that gets enforced...too many accidents happened at stop lights from ppl turning left without looking or ppl turning left when the light turned yellow, sooo they put up those LEFT turn signals. Now I have to wait 3 minutes to turn left. Unfair? Yes. I have the ability to break the law but if I do I run the risk of getting a $150 ticket.

When u drive, the cops have the ability to pull you over for ANYTHING. When a pig is sitting in his car, lights off, totally quiet, and hears his windows rattling b4 and after you pass him he's gonna be annoyed. Its absolutely disruptive and very few ppl like to bass waves, except when they are controlling them.

Just a few things/

Silver Member
Username: Vc23

Michigan

Post Number: 129
in the big MI.. my little shi-tty city.. where about 20 systems exist... you can be as loud as you want until 10pm nothin after that... unless someone calls you in for a loud system.... i was at a stoplight and the po-po snuck up behind me and my sh.it was bangin.... and he never pulled me over... and my system dont suck either.... but main point is anything when people are sleepin is when the noise violation comes into effect.....

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2488
i have a mind set of what volume it should be at certain miles per hour and depending on if people are around. if im going 60 on a state road with no1 in front of me i'll blare it but if im goin 30 coming up to an intersection i will have it on 20/62
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us