Box help...i get different answers from different sites...

Silver Member
Username: Mateo

Post Number: 163
ok so heres my problem....im trying to build a box that is roughly 4 to 4.2 cuft. i would like it to be tuned to 32hz. when i used a port calculator, i get 15inches high, 3 inches wide, and 21.16 inches long. does this sound right?? also, if i increase the width, the length increases, wouldnt this throw the tuning off? im sorry for asking this question again but im still confused on it.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
or what if i did this...i konw a lot of you are oing to say 2 cuft is too big for a 10" sub but i had my first sub in a that box and it pouded....with that said...could i build two of these and connect them port to port to form one box?

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=25&Eh=18&Dia=4&Xmax=15.3&V d=.221&NumW=2&Vb=&Fb=&Qts=.47&Vas=1.05&Fs=32.37&CE=1.5

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 767
I'd do 22 inches long if going for 4.2ft net, 24 long if going for 4. I'd do a single chamber box with one port. Combining the two ports would be fine, but don't build two seperate boxes and try to glue them together or something.

If you make the port area bigger the port length will increase with it. They aren't seperate from each other. You then need to figure out how much more area the port displaces and subtract that from your box net volume.

What kind of vehicle is this going in?

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
wel what i meant by combining the two ports was make the two boxs with out the top, bottom, and back pieces and used the appropriate size and make it one box...but i figured it out now i forgot about the RE calc. and that fixed my problem.....thank you very much Troy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us