Need headunit suggestions help me out

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7009
ive been looking around and sadly so far the pioneers look like the best deal but im afraid to buy one because of the rca issues...anyway if anyone has any input on that or on another brand and model please chime in

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1956
all they have is a weak rca ground meaning if you plug in the rca while the units on, it will blow and youll have to get it fixed...as long as you only plug in or unplug the rca's while the unit is off, you will have NO problems...

get the pio hands down

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3632
Yep, pioneers have all sorts of issues. I've seen stuff other than the RCAs too.

Clarion, Alpine, JVC, Eclipse make some great HUs

I have this one:

http://mobile.jvc.com/Aproduct.jsp?modelId=MODL027896&pathId=142&page=1

5 volt outputs and front panel USB. Kick azz.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3033
Never had one issue with my Premier 780 and neither have my three friends that bought the same model after they saw/heard mine. I also know several people that have the 880 and 690 and have zero problems. It is getting to the point where people here are using second and even third hand hearsay (as usual) in telling people not to buy them. Stupid. So go get an Alpine or Eclipse and be happy with second best.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 616
i have the 680mp from cal, and it works great

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3638
Try first hand. I've seen more than I can count with the RCA problem, and a few with other problems.

But get whatever you want.

Silver Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 106
ya mine has bad rca outs right now.i had to switch to the line level hookup on my amp...dont sound near as good.im lookin for a new deck too,but was plannin on goin back with pioneer,either 3900 or 4900.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6799
i love my pio 7800
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us