How in the He!!

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13086
Does the fastest production car get 18 mpg city and 27 mpg highway, but my Yukon gets like 14-15city??? I hate this world and all the stupid technicalities in it

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2080
what car are you referring to? i'm gettin 15.5mpg right now in my jeep. luckily my hour round trip drive to/from work 5 days a week is 40-60 mph with little stopping or i'd get like 2mpg. Sucks to think you're getting the same mileage as me though in a much bigger SUV...

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13088
SSC Aero

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3989
im getting on avg 19.2mpg with my 4 banger..

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 763
Yeah, I'm getting 16mpg city/22hwy in my tahoe hauling around over a 1/4 of a ton of audio equipment. The 4x4 brings down the mileage a bit- but a K&N filter and synthetic oil change- along with a good tune-up go a long way.

Silver Member

Post Number: 764
Look at it this way, the curb weight on most suvs is over 2 tons- and cars have much less to haul around. the 01 tahoe 'curb weight is 5050lbs, but last time I went over a scale it was >6000 lbs :-(

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1953
i have a 01 cherokee with a 190 hp inline 6 and the best mileage ive seen on a single tank of gas was 14.5 mpg...thats with me driving like a damn grandma

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1954
and my dads 05 sierra, the 2500 HD with the biggest vortec gets about....15....how the hell does that happen...haha id rather get 15 in a yukon than 15 in a small azz jeep

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 9037
Eh my Oldsmobile get around 8 city and 12 highway

My jeep get an average of 17.7 with the inline 6.

I almost have to find a good job just to pay for gas.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 957
No idea what my Tracker gets, but $30 fills the tank and that lasts me ~8 days of just ripping around like an idiot, about 3-5 hours a day.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 613
i never leave campus in my car so i always have alot of gas
the shuttle goes to walmart and kroger so im set

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7007
"Does the fastest production car get 18 mpg city and 27 mpg highway, but my Yukon gets like 14-15city??? I hate this world and all the stupid technicalities in it"

Id say the reason is they focused intently on the car and spared no expense....having the horsepower actually helps them alot too im sure ....money/horsepower with good design skills and top notch technology...makes a great car id say

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5437
Hell my '98 silverado (v6) gets ~15 stop-n-go...~18 steady driving.

My truck threw a code the other day though...was getting ~17 stop-n-go. Pretty sure its an O2-sensor.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1270
drafting... thats all im gunna say...

40-50% more fuel efficiency when drafting on the highway..

I drafted behind a truck on teh highway the other day doing 75 the whole way... Gas meter didnt even budge, and it usually goes down a 1/4 of the tank everytime i make that trip.

even if its slower people, if you're in no hurry - go the speed limit for once and draft

:]

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3742
My GTP's overall average (city+hwy) is 20.5 mpg it would be around 25 if the hwy bypass valve was funtional for the supercharger. My car has a supercharger bypass valve that kicks in on high vacuum situation mainly when the engine is not under load so on the e-way and at stop light the valve closes doing this it reduces boost thus increasing MPG but also power. I hated the lagg off idle a supercharger shouldn't have any so I bypassed the bypass and now it jumps off the line like a raped ape but I lost economy... Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3991
if i keep my car out of the boost i get better gas mileage..

but with my TDC tune running 17.5psi im stuck at the 19.2mpg mark.. and thats without driving crazy...

friend has the same car with similar mods and was only getting 14-15mpg avg.. but thats driving like a bat out of he|| lol..

the downfall is i have to run 93oct :-(

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3025
I get between 14-18 in my 2001 Pathfinder LE no matter what type of driving I do. It pings like a motha if I use less than 91 octane. That is the highest octane we can get out here... you can really get 93 in Texas Kevin?

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 455
lol in my dodge neon i get a steady 30mpg city and hwy...i would hate to drive my truck or a suv all day...it would sadden me to fill the tank up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 766
People often complain about larger suvs like yukons and tahoes sucking up gas and hurting the environment, but I get better mileage than MOST smaller suvs. Just a few small tune up items got me up to about 300hp and about 350torque with a good steady 16city/21hwy. My brother had a blazer with the vortec 4.3v6, getting 13city/17hwy. My parents own a lake place where we drive to once in a while hauling a trailer with a tractor to cut the grass. He got about 9mpg during the 2 hour drive down hwy95- going around 75mph. I did the same trip and got around 18mpg, while hauling a huge system in the back. The added power larger vehicles have really helps when hauling or even with having a larger audio setup. A lot of people just forget to do regular maintenance and get cheaper parts.

Every vehicle I've owned when I changed to synthetic oil and a K&N air filter I gained 2-3mpg. It's worth the extra few bucks if you drive a lot.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3636
14 mpg in my Blazer with the 4.3L

Not great but I wouldn't trade it for something smaller

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 369
99 Chevy Van Cargo Express 2500 305 V8 14 city/ 21 highway.

2001 Chevy Malibu 3.6L 23 city/ 33 highway

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6800
"drafting... thats all im gunna say... "

you mean tailgate?
if so, then i get some crucial good gas mileage help lol

anyway, i think i get around 30mpg, havent ever bothered to try and figure it out....i just know i fill up for $30 weekly

Gold Member

Post Number: 1271
Yea, but I am a NASCAR fan, its drafting, not tailgating ;]

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1964
drafting is crazy....unfortunately i drive in the city 25 minutes to school...

mythbusters did a drafting episode...rediculous numbers...following like 150 feet behind a truck improves your mpg like 20 percent and it goes up to like improving you mpg by 80 percent by traveling 10 feet behind an 18 wheeler...which is a tad close, but hey id be gettin 45 mpg in a jeep

Gold Member

Post Number: 1272
i followed that semi truck about 8-14 feet away constantly and those trucks are usually always on cruise control, so just set it right @ theirs and ur game for amazing gas mileage

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2095
drafting sounds like a great idea...until the car in front of you has to stop suddenly.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1273
well if ur not an idiot and are awake and focused on the back of the truck.... then ur fine...

plus when was the last time u saw a semi truck coming to an abrupt stop on the highway
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us