Suggestions on speaker setup

Username: Turbofonz

Granby, MA

Post Number: 1
Alright, car is a 91 Eagle Talon TSi. Alpine 9815 headunit, 4" dash speakers, 6.5"s in the doors and 6x9"s out back. dash speakers are stock right now, door speakers have none right now, and in the back are alpine type "s"s in some boxes. The alpine's don't fit in the stock location due to the big magnets. and I'm sick of the boxes... either i want to find a way to space them out to fit in the stock location or just get rid of them. what I do like though is the fact that they make a decent amount of bass for what they are. (not amped). Would it be possible to have door speakers (and what kind/ setup) that still sound good and bassy and eliminate the rears all together? from what I've read having just fronts will sound great, but is the bass still there? I'd rather not have to run an amp and extra stuff, as the car is a quarter mile car and I'd rather not stock up on audio equipement.

basically, just asking if 6.5"s in a door would sound nice like 6x9's in a sealed box. Also, are there any places that sell 6x9 "spacers"... basically for the rears to fit in the stock location i'd need maybe a 1/2" ring piece to make them fit.

any help is greaty appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 703
Don't expect a lot of bass from speakers but, if your not looking to buy any subwoofers, then I would suggest replacing the 6x9's in the back with 6.5's. You can go to your local stereo shop and they should have the adaptors for that. Same goes for if you want to look for a spacer for your 6x9's. 6.5's will typically put out more bass than 6x9's. Once you found some nice speakers, look for an amp to power them and once that is done, you should have a decent amount of bass!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us