Power wire.........

Bronze Member
Username: Dubmc23

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 67
ok every thing is hooked up right and my fuse is good but it is not putting out any power and my amp wont turn on...any ideas?? could it be that possibly the wire is pinched some where???

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1805
check all the fuses

get a dmm and make sure you getting power from the batt

check the remote turn on lead and make sure its working telling your amp to turn on

check your ground

Bronze Member

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 68
ok well it was all working perfectly this morn and i accidently touched the ground to the power wire n there were no sparks...so what other fuse could it be since the radio clock works???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1806
so was the power wire plugged into the amp...or were the power wire and ground dissconected and touched. make sure the inline fuse isnt blown. also check the fuses on the amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1809
heres what you do to find out what your problem is:

get a DMM (either you have one, you borrow one from a friend or you buy one. probly should buy one if you dont have one they are a handy thing to have)

then...

use the DC power setting on the DMM and put the black wire from the dmm on your ground and the red wire on the power wire for your amp. this should read around 13-14 volts. if it does your amp is getting power and if it doesnt then the problem is somewhere between the batt and you amp (aka. your power wire)

if your power wire is fine do the same thing with the black lead and put the red wire from the DMM on the remot turn on. you should get like 12 volts. if you dont get 12 volts then your problem is with the remot turn on lead

Bronze Member

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 69
aight thanks bro i guess ill have to pick one up tommorow...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us